Tire Review-AltiMAX RT43

Status
Not open for further replies.
RT43 snow update:

So, it's been snowing steadily since Wednesday and it hasn't stopped yet! Won't stop til about Thursday evening(tonight) according to the local weather.

We're expected to get about 12"-15" in this time period, depending on location.

I had lots of local traveling yesterday with some shopping, taking my wife to & from work and meeting with friends. Sloppy day for driving and it was this way for me, from 10 am til 7 pm. I was hungry and tired last night!

The RX and the AltiMAX RT43's performed flawlessly in the deep, slushy snow that was like ice cream on the roads. Outside temps were in the high 20's to low 30's F and some roads and parking lots were only plowed minimally.

Entering a street/parking lot that was unplowed, didn't even faze the tires. They clawed through whatever I drove through.

Stopping on slick roads while traveling downhill was also a very good experience. AND, no wheel spin while accelerating, nor sliding while stopping on these sloppy roads unless, I wanted to hit the gas & stomp on the brakes(which I did do some tests)
smile.gif

It was(and will be) one of those driving experiences that all defrosters(F & R) and wipers will be needed. As every time I shut off the engine and parked the car to go into a building/store, I had to re-clean off the car just to see before driving off again.

Heavy wet snow/slush(lots of salt used on the streets) but, with the constant snowfall, the roads seemed full of snow all the time and the local town hiwy dept's were working all day/night trying to keep them clear.

Although the RT43'a are new and I kind'a expect this, I am very happy considering the weather conditions! I even did some aggressive lane changing(while traffic was quiet) and the car went where I put her without any fuss even on the "greasy" surfaces.

I am expecting good results for the rest of the winter as well. Typically, the deep(er), dry(er) packed snow usually gives us decent traction & stopping compared to what I'll be driving in over these 2 days.

The much colder glearing icey roads will be another test with these RT43's when the temperatures drop down to the single digits and below zero, AND the snow plows create an ice rink on the roads.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back