Let's talk about stolen cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: MalfunctionProne

1. Pictures. They did not even ask to see.
2. Let them know how the line of questioning about oil changes offended me. Logic aside... Ask me if anyone else had a key. Or used the car. Or touched it.
3. The black car I threw the pic up of, across the street.
4. My own personal plea, and peace of mind.
5. My intent to claim the car, if found.
6. Personal statement as to my livelihood impact.
7. The towels.

And, I want them to say what they want to say: "You parked directly in front of your apartment. What did you think would happen." I want to hear them say how they really feel.

Newark and I are done.. I know people in Norristown, PA. Might be time to move. Either now or in 2015.

I'm sure they will rush out and look for your car to the exclusion of the hundreds or thousands of the other stolen cars reported in Newark. They may even pull a couple guys off a homicide or a robbery.

It sucks that your car was stolen, but neither you nor your situation are as special as you seem to think. Seriously, you expect them to pull out all the stops, but you're going to whine to a detective about being offended by a question you were asked about your car? Either move or carry full coverage.

Originally Posted By: SlipperyPete

1. Pictures. They did not even ask to see.
2. Let them know how the line of questioning about oil changes offended me. Logic aside... Ask me if anyone else had a key. Or used the car. Or touched it.
3. The black car I threw the pic up of, across the street.
4. My own personal plea, and peace of mind.
5. My intent to claim the car, if found.
6. Personal statement as to my livelihood impact.
7. The towels.

And, I want them to say what they want to say: "You parked directly in front of your apartment. What did you think would happen." I want to hear them say how they really feel.

Newark and I are done.. I know people in Norristown, PA. Might be time to move. Either now or in 2015.

I'm sure they will rush out and look for your car to the exclusion of the hundreds or thousands of the other stolen cars reported in Newark. They may even pull a couple guys off a homicide or a robbery.

It sucks that your car was stolen, but neither you nor your situation are as special as you seem to think. Seriously, you expect them to pull out all the stops, but you're going to whine to a detective about being offended by a question you were asked about your car? Either move or carry full coverage.

Although I get what you and many others are saying - that Newark has a lot going on - I feel you have the wrong attitide about this. Getting kicked while down is never justifiable. Newark has been extremely condescending. Those guys have jobs to do. They should never act as an inconvenience. And moving has now become a priority. I have never had this happen before and now my livelihood is severely impacted. And I am not simply whining, as you say: I have went out looking for it, as much as I can with an Expedition, and the gas it needs. I may even print up fliers like you would for a lost cat. I put onw picture up in this thread because this forum I don't expect to find my car, then call and tell me it has been recovered so that I can pay a tow company for something beyond my control and the action of another, which I did not cause. Perhapa NJ owadays they do charge for that.. though I always thought police recovery and tow of a stolen vehicle was the one exceptionwl where a release cost nothing to the car's rightful owner.

Even if we never see the car again. That does not matter.

THEIR car was not stolen, so why do they act like ? Censored

Yep. The cops have other crimes more serious to solve.

You were not car jacked so its just another stolen car. It sucks but Newark is a dump, move out ASAP.

Welcome back, GearHeadTool!!!!

banana2.gif
banana2.gif
happy2.gif
welcome2.gif
happy2.gif
thankyou2.gif

(Still sorry about your car.)

I am sorry to hear about your misfortune. Newark is notorious for car jackings and auto theft. I wish you the best of luck in the recovery effort.

I had a friend that had a vehicle stolen in Newark many years ago. It was found abandoned and stripped of parts several weeks later in an industrial section of town.

Thank you both. (?)

I could post up a bunch of pics, but, even if the car is never found.. 2015 will bring a new location for myself and my wife. Thanks be to God we still have one other vehicle we use every day.

We do have one of these kinds of locks on that one. Goes under the brake pedal. Taken from the interior of.

7f810d9f201bb6f9325231a788f999cb.jpg

I have better pictures but I do not want to let pictures dominate this thread.

I appreciate all of the feedback and input.

Got more than 30MPG consistently with the car. 34MPG sometimes. Interstate road trips, daily driver to work. Shared with wife. Ran like a top. 0W-20 motor oil. Tires always inflated. Too much to name.

Just got expressed to me that it may be in North Newark. Off I go. Driving. Looking. Before church this afternoon.

Just got expressed to me that it may be in North Newark. Off I go. Driving. Looking. Before church this afternoon.

36.gif

Here is our 99 Expedition, our other vehicle. It is pulling double duty. Eddie Bauer and it is the 5.4. Low-ish miles at approx. 159k. This in the present absence of the Civic.

I saw some Hondas on my trip, but none were the right one.

1a8cf438f5ef7fedb7c1ab5c607bc18a.jpg

Originally Posted By: eljefino

How long before he admits that he never owned that car?
Or that he sold it, and just wanted attention from the forum once again.

BC.

Honda Civics are very high quality cars, I don't blame the person for wanting such a reliable car with great mileage and durability.

Originally Posted By: Bladecutter
Originally Posted By: eljefino

How long before he admits that he never owned that car?
Or that he sold it, and just wanted attention from the forum once again.

BC.

I have nothing to prove to you. You think I made it up? Good for you. This ends there, with you.

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
Honda Civics are very high quality cars, I don't blame the person for wanting such a reliable car with great mileage and durability.

Sir, are you talking about me, the owner, and why I selected this car over a Ford Taurus when I purchased it? (I did not trust the AX4N trans on the 94 Taurus I saw for sale. I bought the Honda.)

Because, LT4 Vette, if you are referring to the thief wanting such a vehicle.. perhaps you should recommend to the most likely a male fellow to purchase their own fine Honda Civic. Yeah? Thank you.

Or Norriton. I forget. May have got that city wrong.

Definitely moving soon.

Norristown proper, is a little bit of a ghetto environment as well, but NOTHING like; Newark, East Orange, Paterson, Camden, or Trenton!!
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back