Nissan 510 manuals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to buy and sell 510's especially the wagons. I would rebuild the cars, paint them and all that kind of stuff. If you have one or are considering buying one be aware that there is a small coolant hose below the intake manifold. If it fails you can end up with a cooked motor. The hose is difficult to see or even touch and it often just gets old and leaks because it never gets replaced.

These cars are tough and will take a lot of abuse. If you like fixing up an old car they are pretty easy to work on. If you pull the head pay attention to the dimensions in the manual of the wedge you make from a 2x4 to pin back the timing chain and guide to hold back the tensioner so that you don't have to take off the lower timing chain cover. You leave it in place until you're ready to re-install the head.

Even today I see one of the wagons that's still in the family that purchased it from me in 1975. My only regret is that I did not keep one. I sold mine to help pay for the new 84 Civic wagon that I'm still driving, today.

In those days we purchased our oil in 5 gallon buckets from the tractor maintenance people. The oil was 15w-40 Delo. I think I remember that we paid about $15.00.

A neighbour and I used to make a few bucks doing and flipping the 1000s and 1200s.

1200 utility with 1500 engines are quite popular, and $6-7k at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back