how too use rislone engine treatment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And what's this snake oil nonsense in reference to rislone. You guys do know that rislone is the ONLY additive Molekule has ever recommended using in a crankcase,which says a lot to me.

I used to use Rislone steady back in the 70's and 80's. I've always thought it was a very good product. I may start using it again.

I would only use it as an engine cleaner for say 500 miles.

Then change oil and filter.

If you don't have any slugde problems or valve ticking problems, there is no reason to use it regularly.

Rislone has resolved at least one valve-tick for me in the distant past, it certainly isn't a "snake oil" and definitely is a useful cleaning product. But only use it if there is a problem, otherwise just put quality oil in the crankcase...

Originally Posted By: MolaKule
I would only use it as an engine cleaner for say 500 miles.

Then change oil and filter.

If you don't have any slugde problems or valve ticking problems, there is no reason to use it regularly.

I followed your recommendation (547 miles) and so far it looks good after 145 miles on the oil change. Too soon to tell but I am hopeful.

In addition to the Rislone treatment, I put a 15 ounce can of Chemtool B-12 in half a tank of gas and waited until near empty to refill. This is a SL2 with the famous piston design.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back