Fleetfilter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do the filters you buy from Fleetfilter actually say Napa Gold on them, or are the just a replacement for? If they don't say Napa Gold on them, has anyone cut one open to compare them to the napa golds? Just because they are from the same manufacturer, as we have seen, doesn't mean they are of the same quality or specs. I am not trying to ruffle any feathers here, I just want to be informed before I buy. Prices seem to good to be true, and there usually is a reason for that!

They are NAPA Gold, at least they were about six months ago when I last ordered.

Fleet Filter's web page used to say "Wix", then when you ordered there was a disclaimer that said that the filters will actually be "NAPA Gold". Now I notice that the web site doesn't say "Wix" anymore.

I havent cut one up, but they are labeled as, look and feel like the napa golds you'd pick up from a local napa, minus the dust from sitting around.

Joel

-

Here's pics of Napa filters I got from Fleet Filter

I must point out that the filter pictured are an odd size. They are Napa 1352 and supposedly are for Simcas. I run them on my Citroen 2CV

The Napa Gold's I get from FleetFilter are in a box different from the one shown in this discussion. I'm going to guess that because your filters are an odd size (ie not as popular) they're older than mine. I got 1356's for my '04 Accord and they were produced about a week before I received them.

These aren't made by Wix..

I don't think.

Maybe by Gonher of Mexico and private labelled for NAPA..

In which case..don't confuse WIx made product with Gonher stuff

-

I believe I have new stock. Simply becasue when I ordered them I had to wait 3 weeks to get them. The guy from Fleet Filter said nobody had ever ordered this size. But, since I got them for $5.40 w/shipping vs. the $10 for the Wix from the local Auto Value.

The filters are marked Made in Canada. Also, if you buy a Wix Filter you will end up with the same thing, only with a different sticker on the box.

Here's the Wix box, along side the French made OEM (for the Citroen0 Purflux filter.

Apparently they're from 2003. But in any event, they look brand new and I got them last summer and I'll have all 12 of them gone by this time next year.

At the local Auto Value, the last time they ordered me a Wix (before I got these from FleetFilter) they told me their computer showed two of them in the warehouse. Imagine how many 51515s or some other really common number they must stock in relation to that!

chinese make good counterfeits!

J/k!

They do have great prices... do they sell those spinning element napa nascar filters???

JMH

I just got my 51516's, 51522's, 51085 and 51372 today from FF. All just like desmonsm. All Napa golds labeled "Affinia, Gastonia NC" on the box and on the filters.

G/luck
Joel

I am here to answer some of the questions. All of our filter are Napa Gold. Napa Gold are made in the Wix factory in Gastonia, NC. Wix's mother company is the Affina Corp that is printed on the box. These are the same quality that you find with any Wix filter out there. JHZR2 we do not sell the nascar filters online. I am sorry it has taken this long to reply, but I appreciate yall asking questions and passing the word on about us.
Bryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back