Firestone Winterforce Tires?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got the Winter Force 3 years ago when I couldn't get the wanted General's. CR magazine rated them low 67 out of 100. If you go to Tire Rack they have an extremely high ratings from people that have them. Probably the highest rating of all types tire I ever saw on TR.

They are snow not ice tires. In Buffalo, I'm in deep snow country. Yes, there is a lot better tires out there as the mentioned General's.

Last edited:
I have Winterforces on the front wheels of two of my vehicles. I've used them for many winters and absolutely love them.

They provide great traction and wear like iron. I have had no tire noise on wet or dry pavement at any speed. I'd definitely buy them again.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: HosteenJorje
After the Firestone 500 debacle thirty some years ago, I wouldn't have anything Firestone on my vehicle. And wouldn't let Firestone work on my wheel barrow.

Firestones nearly killed my dad years ago, I won't give them a dime of my money. Cutting corners isn't good business.

Originally Posted By: BlastChamber
I have Winterforces on the front wheels of two of my vehicles. I've used them for many winters and absolutely love them.

They provide great traction and wear like iron. I have had no tire noise on wet or dry pavement at any speed. I'd definitely buy them again.

Well that's true. I never noticed any wear on them. Until I had to run two on the back in May when my rear tires got slashed. That tore them up pretty quick!

I'm going to give them a look....right now my choices from the Rack in 225/60 18 are

Winterforce
UltraGrip GW-3
WS80's
iceGUARD iG51v

All listed are like 30-50 dollars more per tire than the Winterforce....I'm going to br putting a lot of miles per winter on these tires and they do appear do wear well.....they sure do have quite a positive bunch of reviews on the Rack

buster, I think it depends what you're looking for.

They are a snow oriented design and IMHO (Mom had them on her van for a few years so I have driven them) they are not a bad tire. I found them a bit noisy and a bit "squishy" handling wise. My mom doesn't drive a lot and mostly around town. They worked great. Handled snow and slush very well.

My son has the Generals and likes them. I have only driven them a couple times and thought they were about par with the Hankooks on my wife's G6 (I also had them on my G5). Neither were quite as noisy or "squishy" to me as the Winterforce but other than that I would call them all fairly close.

If you want an "ice" tire, which I think the Xi2 is, you may want to look elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back