Rotella T6 5w-40, 11,007 mi., 2003 Jetta ALH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another good UOA on my 2003 Jetta TDI and Rotella T6. I seem to be going through a lead spike, but the trend in this report appears to be going in the right direction. The filter used in this interval was a Mahle OX143D cartridge, and it looked great as always.

When I run T6 this engine seems to need about ½ quart to be added in an 11k to 12k interval. The half quart I added was about 6k miles into the interval.

I use this vehicle for my 100 mile per day round trip commute over rural highways, with occasional longer Interstate trips from time to time. No city driving.

I cut this interval a little short because I had a rare free weekend two weeks ago, I was getting close to where I wanted to end the interval, and I wanted to get my HDD 5w-30 in for the winter.

Nice TBN retention; gotta love the T6. Once I get this Pb issue settled I’ll begin experimenting with extending the intervals out again.

Page_1_03_JETTA_110114.jpg

Looks good.
The thinner Amsoil looks just as good.
What's so special about T6?
The add pack doesn't look very special.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
Looks good.
The thinner Amsoil looks just as good.
What's so special about T6?
The add pack doesn't look very special.

T6 costs a little less than 1/2 what the Amsoil does. I couldn't see using the Amsoil over the T6 in this application, considering they held up about the same. I don't think a TDI will care about a ~3.0 cSt difference.

I think T6 is a favorite here because it's pretty cheap and looks good on UOAs. It also has a healthy dose of moly and boron, which most here seem to regard as The Best Additives Ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back