Low Beams too dim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might want to have your eyes checked too.
Most cataracts cause a slow loss of light, where you perceive night is a lot darker than you thought it was when you were young.

Originally Posted By: BrandonVA
so i replaced them with nighthawk bulbs and they still suck!
i'm going to try out the hir2 9012 bulbs. Do I need to file off a tab or something on the plug? have any pics?

If the Nighthawks are dim, you have problems that 9012's won't help. You have to look at the voltage available at the socket, and check conductivity across switches, relays and grounds.

I have 6054 sealed beams. They were seeing voltages at the plug 3 volts below battery voltage. After I made a 12 awg relayed harness. Voltage drop was o.3v, and light output vastly increased. Few vehicles that pull alongside have more light pointed where it does the most good.

You need to get higher voltage at the light socket. It sounds like your vehicle is lacking this.

Originally Posted By: BrandonVA
my eyes are fine. other cars with low beams are fine. it's not my eyes...

So, where are you thus far in your result? I am still interested in knowing!

smile.gif

CB

I find a lot of newer cars that have a really sharp cut-off don't provide enough light above the low beam cut-off to light up signs and highway edge markers far enough ahead at highway speed.

In this case it's not a dim headlight issue, it's just the light isn't going where it's needed. I'd guess adjusting the right side headlight aim a bit higher would help if this is the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back