Price Of Gas.. Really Dropped Today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
2.59 down here
smile.gif

Crude was down to $77 a barrel yesterday. Last time crude was in that $75 +/- range here gas was about $2.50 a gallon. Gas is $3.05-$3.10 though. Part of that is a new hike in the gas tax( thanks Gov Hassan )but a lot of it is just greed. Typical. The greed with fuel no longer amazes me. I will enjoy the $3 a gallon gas while it lasts knowing it will go back up and skyrocket when it does.

Originally Posted By: NHHEMI
Crude was down to $77 a barrel yesterday. Last time crude was in that $75 +/- range here gas was about $2.50 a gallon. Gas is $3.05-$3.10 though. Part of that is a new hike in the gas tax( thanks Gov Hassan )but a lot of it is just greed. Typical. The greed with fuel no longer amazes me. I will enjoy the $3 a gallon gas while it lasts knowing it will go back up and skyrocket when it does.

Gas prices have been running about $1 higher than they should've been over about the last 2 years...production here in the states is at all-time highs and yet prices are just now starting to come down...greed does have a lot to do with the reluctance to lower prices...

$2.83 here right now. Ohio gas prices are both low and terrible because they'll get low, and then jump 30-40c/gallon in one day. It's done this 3-4 times in the last couple months.

Originally Posted By: Nick R
$2.83 here right now. Ohio gas prices are both low and terrible because they'll get low, and then jump 30-40c/gallon in one day. It's done this 3-4 times in the last couple months.

Yep, happened a couple weeks ago in Huber Heights...I drove by the Meijer on Brandt on a Monday...it was 2.87...15 minutes later it was 3.19...ridiculous!

Gee, you guys have it tough alright - I paid $1.52 (AUD) per litre today, which works out to about $5.77 (AUD) per US gallon... And we have it good compared to Europe, the UK, etc!

All the stations just happen to bump up $.11/gal today. $2.97 --> $3.08. The six or seven I saw all moved over a four hour window. Just a coincidence I'm sure....

Originally Posted By: hpb
Gee, you guys have it tough alright - I paid $1.52 (AUD) per litre today, which works out to about $5.77 (AUD) per US gallon... And we have it good compared to Europe, the UK, etc!

How much of that is taxes going to your government though? I know in Europe their gas is very high but most of it goes to the government. We pay gas taxes here too but not at the level other places do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back