Just looked at the new 2015 Ford Mustangs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me, the rear of the car looks almost too wide, especially since the rear window pillars curve in. I also don't like the lower valence area between the exhaust tips. The car is kind of growing on me though the more I look at it.

Wayne

I'm not impressed, it looks heavy, bulky, and akward too.

The worst part is that the car actually gained weight on top of everything else.

It may be a good drive, but all things considered it seems like the new model is a bit of a disappointment.

Originally Posted By: CT8
Been looking a a new vehicle none impress me enough to write the check. They all seem to remind me of windows 8.

C7 Vette ... impressive sports car.

I like this back end better.
smile.gif

1012phr_12_o%2B1966_ford_mustang%2Brear_left.jpg

The new ones are growing on me. I prefer this body style in darker colors and may just pick one up in black with the GT performance package. I've yet to see one in person though so that may change.

I do think it is cheesy as [censored] that they pipe in exhaust sounds through the speakers in the 4 cyl.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
What do you guys think about that sloped back end?

2015-ford-mustang-rear-view.jpg

I like the look. Now if they could just find a way to lose 500 lbs or so.

It's puzzling to me that Ford has changed the looks of the Stang so many time just over the last few years...is Ford suffering from some kind of identity crisis with the Mustang or what?

Originally Posted By: Bamaro
Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
What do you guys think about that sloped back end?

2015-ford-mustang-rear-view.jpg

I like the look. Now if they could just find a way to lose 500 lbs or so.

...and about $10K on the price...then again, ALL vehicles are overpriced these days...

It would be impossible to drop 500 lbs from the Mustang without making it Miata sized or turning it into a $100,000 car. Even the new M4 is nearly 3,600 lbs. 3,200 lbs. is impossible for $32,000.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: E365
It would be impossible to drop 500 lbs from the Mustang without making it Miata sized or turning it into a $100,000 car. Even the new M4 is nearly 3,600 lbs. 3,200 lbs. is impossible for $32,000.

I'd like to know how many times someone has said "that's impossible" referring to something in the automotive industry over the last 100+ years...

Originally Posted By: grampi
It's puzzling to me that Ford has changed the looks of the Stang so many time just over the last few years...is Ford suffering from some kind of identity crisis with the Mustang or what?

They have to constantly come out with new designs to keep people buying. Even the latest generation had different bodies. 05-09 was one, then 2010-2012, and there were changes for 13-14. The 2010 ones are the red headed step children because they are the new body with the old 4.0 and 4.6L engines.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
I am debating on putting the money out for a MGW shifter to see if that fixes my car.

Most on the 4th gen f body forums who try these, LOVE them!
thumbsup2.gif

But, some on the road race forums seem wary about the number of clamps and the offset of them for HARD open track/race duty, even though they themselves have not actually used them.
21.gif

Originally Posted By: RISUPERCREWMAN
I like Stangs but I'd opt for the auto & stay away from the Chinese made 6 speed manual!

I would take the extra coin spent on the slushbox and put it into a TR6060 conversion.
wink.gif

But then yes, one would lose the warranty (maybe on rhe WHOLE car!).
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: grampi
Originally Posted By: E365

I'd like to know how many times someone has said "that's impossible" referring to something in the automotive industry over the last 100+ years...

"Highly unrealistic" was probably a better phrase. There's a reason a 3,200lbs, 400+ HP, RWD sports car for $32,000 doesn't exist.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dailydriver
Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
I am debating on putting the money out for a MGW shifter to see if that fixes my car.

Most on the 4th gen f body forums who try these, LOVE them!
thumbsup2.gif

But, some on the road race forums seem wary about the number of clamps and the offset of them for HARD open track/race duty, even though they themselves have not actually used them.
21.gif

I have installed a few for friends on the older cars and I was very impressed with the quality of the product.

If it actually got to the point I needed a full on road race car, I would use my 95 and get a purpose built box.

I stopped at the dealer today to see if they would let me test drive the GT and it had already been sold. They sold it yesterday. I asked how much did they sell it for and the kid found the paperwork and they sold it for a little over $2,000 off sticker price. That was more than what I figured they would come down. It was a loaded GT premium that stickered for $42,195 and they sold it for $40,099. The other two are still there.

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back