Coca cola issues lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've gone off of Diet Coke, after decades of drinking it.
I got pretty good at looking at date codes on 2L bottle caps before putting them in my shopping cart. As they get close to 90 days beyond date of mfgr., the taste is off. This is for Diet, not regular.

One store (Smart & Final) would sell expired (beyond 90 day, typically 6 month old) product. I complained a few times and they dropped/lost the license to sell the syrup, for about 10 years. Last I checked they carry it again.

Off subject but I hear tell they are stopping production of Moxie around here, and that was my fav soda pop on the rare occasion I want a taste.

Yeah-I've had that here. I drink 1 can a day of Coke at the office, and I've dumped some down the sink, because they taste off. And sometimes I open a can and it is over-filled.

Originally Posted By: ram_man
So coke has always been our soda of choice. A month ago we got a 24 pack and the can was empty just forgot to fill it well whatever I thought no big deal. Then tonight we are doing a little movie night and I grab a coke from thought he fridge take a drink and it was all I could do to not spit it out. Had a strong chemical like tashe to it. I.didn't throw it out and I plan on calling them tomorrow but was curious if anyone else has experienced a problem Like this?

I have gotten bad cans of soda before. It just happens. Perhaps the whole 24 pack is just bad or were some good. If you have the empty can that's still sealed, mail it to them. You'll probably get some coupons. I suspect that can that tasted bad was missing an ingredient. Anyway, is there a date on the can?

Originally Posted By: zzyzzx
Originally Posted By: ram_man
So coke has always been our soda of choice. A month ago we got a 24 pack and the can was empty just forgot to fill it well whatever I thought no big deal. Then tonight we are doing a little movie night and I grab a coke from thought he fridge take a drink and it was all I could do to not spit it out. Had a strong chemical like tashe to it. I.didn't throw it out and I plan on calling them tomorrow but was curious if anyone else has experienced a problem Like this?

I have gotten bad cans of soda before. It just happens. Perhaps the whole 24 pack is just bad or were some good. If you have the empty can that's still sealed, mail it to them. You'll probably get some coupons. I suspect that can that tasted bad was missing an ingredient. Anyway, is there a date on the can?

I agree with this.. shouldn't of gone bad that quick more so in the frig. Did it fiz any when opened? Could of had a pin hole.

Originally Posted By: Chris B.
You guys trust the Mexico coke knowing it is made in a filthy 3rd world [censored] hole by filthy people with zero hygiene practice? I've seen the inside of the factory and it a extremely dirty.

As apposed to "clean" Americans with 100% sterile hygiene practices?

Can you tell me how many cases of food-borne illnesses has occurred due to this "dirty" coke being sold to millions...including in the U.S.?

Great...you don't like Mexico and think it's people are filthy. I grasped that arrogant opinion.

But before you go back into your self-righteous hole.....drive down to your local Wal-Mart store and take a look around at your "clean" fellow American caucasian master race.

Last edited:
Well maybe if you started drinking it then those rashes would go away
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
I drink zero soda and it gives me skin rashes.

I don't buy soda for the house anymore and only get it with combo meals when eating out occasionally. Water is better for you and free or nearly free (filter it, don't buy tons of bottles!).
Coffee, water or [good] beer is all I keep stocked at home, and the beer is usually reserved for weekends or when people are over. And I do have a sweet tooth - but just stopped wasting money and calories on soda.

If we cut out soda, we'd probably save billions in health care costs in the US alone.

Originally Posted By: surfstar
I don't buy soda for the house anymore and only get it with combo meals when eating out occasionally. Water is better for you and free or nearly free (filter it, don't buy tons of bottles!)....
If we cut out soda, we'd probably save billions in health care costs in the US alone.

You got that right. Colas and other dark sodas are the worst, caramel coloring is terrible for you, all that caffeine and sugar just bad news. North America is so jacked on this stuff they can hardly function without it. Most people that try to quit get sucked back in because of the withdrawal headaches and other aches and pains as it tries to leave the body. Terrible drug.

Our local SavMart grocery store carries six pack Mexican Coke in bottles, saves me a trip to Costcos
banana2.gif

Originally Posted By: Miller88
I gave up soda a while ago. It makes me feel sick when I try to drink it
frown.gif

Wonder if I could handle a cane sugar coke?
Mexican coke tastes better than U.S.A coke.

Originally Posted By: michaelluscher
Diet Coke is my addiction

However, Real Glass bottled old formula mexican make Coke is indeed a treat, so good, but so $$$.
More toxic than regular toxic Coke.

Originally Posted By: Smokescreen
Originally Posted By: surfstar
I don't buy soda for the house anymore and only get it with combo meals when eating out occasionally. Water is better for you and free or nearly free (filter it, don't buy tons of bottles!)....

You got that right. Colas and other dark sodas are the worst, caramel coloring is terrible for you, all that caffeine and sugar just bad news. North America is so jacked on this stuff they can hardly function without it. Most people that try to quit get sucked back in because of the withdrawal headaches and other aches and pains as it tries to leave the body. Terrible drug.

Yeah I am trying to get off Pepsi. hard!!!!!! I was drinking several a day. What the deal with caramel color?

I can't drink any of that stuff anymore. Burns my guts right out,well except a&w root beer. Love that stuff but I rarely drink it anymore either.
I've been drinking smoothies for the past year. Organic fruit,and I use white cranberry juice instead of water.
I definitely feel more energized. My complexion is better. I've always had oily skin and I'm nearing 40 and still get pimples,but far less frequently now.
And they taste great. Not quite as great as a filet mignon but I can live with it.

Originally Posted By: dave1251
For you sugar cane soda fans. Pepsi has a real sugar product along with "throw back" Mt. Dew made with sugar.

The turkeys discontinued those products up here, at least in this province. I thought the Throwback Pepsi was great!

Originally Posted By: zzyzzx
Coca-Cola in Nigerian court over half-empty cans

If you forward them your banking information, you get the other half of the can, along with $20,000,000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back