Anyone still have a VCR?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember laserdiscs? I still have a combo DVD and VHS player. Keeping it for kid's tapes that are given or bought cheaply. Yeah, Netflix and YouTube show kids programs too, but it's so much easier just turning on the TV and plugging in the tape than turning on the tablet or the laptop and searching for the show.

Still have one and a bunch of Disney movies. That we don't watch. I'd love to chuck the whole pile. Too much space. I don't know how much of it is on Netflix but I'd just soon get rid of it.

Still have mine for the tapes I had bought back in the day...it sits just below my LP TURNTABLE...
smile.gif

I have six VCR's. I also have about 600 movie titles still on VHS.
Therefore, they still het used. We have about the same number of DVD players for for the triple digit number of DVD's we have. We use a DVR (TiVo) for our daily taping duties.

I am not a fan of VCR tapes as they are way too large so I got rid of mine and moved on.

I still have one, don't really use it anymore. For the last several years I pretty much only used it to record programs so I could watch them later (I don't have a DVR.) Then I got On-Demand and cut down on the amount of TV I watch and don't use the VCR to record any more.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
I still remember going to the store to rent "video tapes" :^) *be kind,please rewind*

I remember those days too. Rented my fair share. I was surprised to hear about Redbox. I guess if you internet access is lousy then Redbox makes sense, or if you watch so few movies.

Yep...stilll works great...original heads too. It's a high-end JVC from about 1985. I remember paying +$500 for it! I still have several tapes. A few years ago I had it gone through, rebelted, cleaned, regreased, etc.

I also still have my laser disc player....and laser discs!

Originally Posted By: sleddriver
Yep...stilll works great...original heads too. It's a high-end JVC from about 1985. I remember paying +$500 for it! I still have several tapes. A few years ago I had it gone through, rebelted, cleaned, regreased, etc.

I also still have my laser disc player....and laser discs!

Laser Disks I remember those and 8 tracks and viny, geez I am old. LOL

Originally Posted By: supton
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
I still remember going to the store to rent "video tapes" :^) *be kind,please rewind*

I remember those days too. Rented my fair share. I was surprised to hear about Redbox. I guess if you internet access is lousy then Redbox makes sense, or if you watch so few movies.

Blu Ray quality is higher than internet movie streaming (even with a great connection).

Originally Posted By: Apollo14
Blu Ray quality is higher than internet movie streaming (even with a great connection).

Ultra HD 4K steaming is available @ Netflix.

No I just do streaming or digital downloads. In a few years everything will be 4k and 4k looks as amazing as any hard media I have ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back