H9 Long Life Bulb ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching for H9 long life bulb online but couldn't find any from reputable brands such as Philips, Osram ...

Also, does 9005 compatible with H9 ? I mean does 9005 fit H9 socket ?

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Searching for H9 long life bulb online but couldn't find any from reputable brands such as Philips, Osram ...

Also, does 9005 compatible with H9 ? I mean does 9005 fit H9 socket ?

No, there are no legitimate long life versions of the H9 bulb of which I am aware. I don't believe there are any high-output versions of this bulb either. It's a very efficient bulb, 2100+ lumens from 65 watts. Compared with HB3 (trade number 9005) which is 1700-1800 lumens out of 65W.

An HB3 is not compatible with an H9, no. There is no way to modify an HB3 to fit into an H9 socket. The same is true going the other way; an H9 will not fit into an HB3.

Thanks Hokiefyd.

I didn't think there is a long life version of H9 available from reputable companies, I just need to confirm that and thank you for your confirmation.

Also, Rockauto lists 9005/HB3 as 1 of the bulbs for 2006 Volvo V70, but Amazon says 9005 doesn't fit that car.

What I really want is long life H11 because it is used as DRL(at full power) in the 2006 V70, the bulb is so hard to replace because of space restriction. I think with minor modification H9 can fit H11 socket, that why I was looking for long life H9.

If changing low beam bulb in the V70 is as easy as in the E430 I will just use standard H9 and replace it every 500-600 hours.

If the V70 has reflector lamps, I wouldn't use an H9. H9 swaps are generally okay for projector-based systems, and are often not okay for reflector-based systems. Reflectors just don't have as tight a control of glare and light outside the beam pattern as projectors do.

I would use H11XVs, Sylvania Xtravisions. I have found that they offer the best bang-for-the-buck in terms of improvement for your dollar, and don't present a huge decrease in lifespan.

Most of the parts on Rock Auto for a 2006 V70 show H11 for the low beam and H9 for the high beam. They do list a Wagner HB3 for the high beam, but they also list a Wagner H9 for the high beam. And every other listing for a high beam bulb is an H9.

We have the Nighthawk Platinum H11s in our Acura MDX right now, and they do offer a significant improvement over the Xtravisions that were there before. Rock Auto shows them at about $26 for the pair, which is a decent price. They won't offer long life, but will be one of the better bulbs you can buy in this specification. The Philips Xtreme Vision is probably the best.

I asked my friend about it and here's what he said:

Originally Posted By: Markus
Hi Matt,

There is no long life version of the H9 unfortunately. And, like some of the posters in the linked thread wrote, 9005 and H9 are incompatible. The Philips 9011 is a good substitute for 9005 with, IIRC, approx 2300 lumens.

Mark

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Hi Markus,

Any thoughts on this?

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubb...b_?#Post3207356

Thanks,

Matt

Thanks for all inputs. I think I just use long life H11 for low beam in the V70 with reflector lamps.

All the extra bright bulbs have shorter life than regular bulb, hope that long life will lasted longer.

Aside from that, only the most expensive, heat sink equipped, LED bulbs produce the lumens of a halogen headlamp bulb. I have been interested in this topic for a while, but haven't yet found an acceptable way to convert a actual headlight from halogen to LED.

For driving lights and DRL's I'm sure they would be decent. They would be especially nice for DRL's because your goal is to BE SEEN and they will last a lot longer than a filament bulb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back