Another interesting case of arguing with police

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
You never argue with the Po Po.

Yes Sir..... No Sir..... Thank You Sir.... Have a nice day Sir......

You forgot "Ja, Mein Fuhrer".

Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp
Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
Dunno. You have one person with 'all the facts' chastising some officers coming into a situation where virtually nothing is known and they seem to be evaluating the situation. Can't really win in some circumstances.

Quote:

He works for us he’s been in this neighborhood for 30 years,”

Should be obvious to the officers I'm sure....

They're on the wrong block, and have the wrong address. What are they evaluating exactly, in the wrong part of town from where a crime was reported?

Quote:
Seems like they are doing their jobs. They don't know who he is. They don't know who she is.

Their job is to be too stupid to know their own jurisdiction, to read road signs, address numbers, or even to use GPS?

Quote:
Cops are just doing their job. They don't know who they are. They are simply responding to a burglary call. What's the big deal? Cops get [censored] on all the time by people. It sucks! They aren't all bad.

.....at the wrong address........on the wrong block....

The address of the call was 4602. They're in the 4500 block. That's one block. If someone breaks in and sets off a burglar alarm, it takes several minutes before the alarm company calls the police, and then several more minutes for the police to get there. That's more than enough time for someone to break in, fill up a couple bags with valuables, and walk a block away from the crime scene.

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
Quote:
You forgot "Ja, Mein Fuhrer

Any communists on BITOG that can translate this for me ???

(OP apologize for small thread detour):
Jar: my late dad was 5 at the time. the german soldiers where better behaved than russian army that requisitioned everything(food, cattle) and give grandpa a tour of duty in Siberia (hint, not it was not spa). this in an allied country...

LT4 Vette: a little clarification from behind "the wall": you did not go to school (high-school/vocational/college) if you did not sign the little red book... no exception (religion/race/color)

Originally Posted By: BubbaFL
If you can stomach the work, it pays absurdly well.

Sure if you consider barely above poverty wages getting paid well. Most cops make $15 to $20 an hour. That is not a good living, trust me.

Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp

They're on the wrong block, and have the wrong address. What are they evaluating exactly, in the wrong part of town from where a crime was reported?

Their job is to be too stupid to know their own jurisdiction, to read road signs, address numbers, or even to use GPS?

.....at the wrong address........on the wrong block....

I have some not so nice things to say that would get me banned. When people commit a crime, do they stay at the location of the crime? It often takes cops 10-15 minutes to get to the location after the alarm company calls the dispatch center, the call taker enters the call into the system, the dispatcher dispatches the call to an available officer, and the officer drives across town to the location. The perp can be 1-2 miles away by the time the officer responds. It is good police work for a police officer to stop out with a man carrying bags when a burglary is reported, PERIOD!

If it is just an average joe citizen going about their business and not a suspect, then the officer can simply be on their way, but to not stop a person carrying bags in the general vicinity of a burglary call is practically dereliction of duty.

Try harder next time when you want to post in a thread about police procedures because it is obvious that you lack even basic police 101 knowledge.

Originally Posted By: bubbatime

Sure if you consider barely above poverty wages getting paid well. Most cops make $15 to $20 an hour. That is not a good living, trust me.

You forgot the gold-plated benefits and retiring at 55 with a gold-plated pension!

Maybe in Florida. Around here they all make $75k+ without overtime. In NY I've seen the OT padded so much that they are over $200k for their high three and then their pensions are paid accordingly.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2

Maybe in Florida. Around here they all make $75k+ without overtime. In NY I've seen the OT padded so much that they are over $200k for their high three and then their pensions are paid accordingly.

Here too.

What place pays cops 20 an hour?
Not a chance. Unless your a Mexican cop.

Originally Posted By: Clevy

I was a cop in south Florida for 10 years until last year. When I quit I made $20.37/hour. Didn't receive a pay raise in 7 years and actually received a 3% pay cut. I can assure you that a large portion of the cops in the USA make less than $20/hour, probably as high as 50% of American law enforcement makes less than that.

$20/hour is only $41600 per year.

I was a cop in south Florida for 10 years until last year. When I quit I made $20.37/hour. Didn't receive a pay raise in 7 years and actually received a 3% pay cut. I can assure you that a large portion of the cops in the USA make less than $20/hour, probably as high as 50% of American law enforcement makes less than that.

That isn't much for risking your neck over...

Originally Posted By: grampi

No, but that isn't how wages are determined. Ask a grunt.

Look up California Highway Patrol pay and retirement +benefits it really good.

I believe you that you made $20/hr.
I have a hard time believing that you only made $41,600 per year.
Most cops I know have the opportunity to work a lot of overtime... some as much overtime as they want. I'd wager that 50-55 hours per week is average. At time and a half, that's 57,200 - 65,000.

Originally Posted By: danthaman1980
I believe you that you made $20/hr.
I have a hard time believing that you only made $41,600 per year.
Most cops I know have the opportunity to work a lot of overtime... some as much overtime as they want. I'd wager that 50-55 hours per week is average. At time and a half, that's 57,200 - 65,000.

Minus any Union Dues he would have to pay, of course.

Again, I'm grateful that he did his job for as long as he wanted to do it, and that his good natured colleagues do the same in their jurisdictions. I'd much rather do my job and endure its stresses for the amount that I make than to make his salary and deal with the stresses that he had to endure.

There's a reason why a huge portion of law enforcement are alcoholics.
There are a whole mess of things that you want to forget as quickly as you can, just about every day you work.

BC.

Originally Posted By: grampi

Cops actually do not have an especially dangerous job. Offhand, I am more likely to die on the job than a cop is!

10 years as a cop and you made less than $21 an hour ?????

I thought with that seniority you would be in the $70,000 range without OT.

Bubbatime,

Are you still in law enforcement, if not why did you leave law enforcement ?

You should move here and take the Nassau or Suffolk County Police tests. They clean up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back