Troybilt TB110 won't start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: SHOZ
Does the fuel pickup sit on top of the tank in a secondary well?

I have a B&S motor like that and it is horrible about building up water in the secondary well.

@ SHOZ: what you referring to is the vacu-jet/pulsa-jet varieties, and not the ones we are working on.

The ones we are now working on are side-draft cabs, similar to those used on motorcycles, etc. and are gravity fed from a tank located slightly higher than the fuel-bowl.

Q.

If anyone is still having this problem, I fixed it by taking the carburetor and fuel tank off and soaking them in denatured alcohol. This apparently cleaned out the gunk that had formed in there and once I put it back together, the mower started on the first pull. Hope this works for you too.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
is denatured alcohol available at local drug store? is there a different name for it?

You can buy gallon cans in the paint department of a hardware store. Lacquer thinner works good too. It is 50/50 toluene and xylene.

Originally Posted By: 04SE
It is the sparkplug, just do a google search. I have a Troy Bilt TB210 with the 190cc Briggs engine. The OEM sparkplug, RJ2YXLE, is a very well known problem. Briggs has issued a replacement, RJ19LMC.

I had this exact same issue on a friend's mower today. Fairly new Craftsman with a Briggs 725ex. I went through all of the common checks for no-start. Starting fluid wouldn't even cough it, but the plug would spark against the head. Odd. ?? I thought I'd change the plug before pulling the engine apart checking for a sheared flywheel key. Sure enough...I threw in a random Autolite 308 I had on the workbench and it lit right up.

I'll install a new RJ19LM in the morning. I Googled for the OEM plug number (RJ2YXLE) and found this thread, among a bunch of other complaints on the internet.

A new carb is like $20 bucks. How long and how many times are you going to keep cleaning it for the same results? Answer seems easy enough to me...

And it doesn't hurt to replace the plug. Briggs did have issues with the OEM plug for several years. Champion RJ19LM are common for the flat heads, while RC12YC is common for the overhead valve engines. Walmart carries both plugs for less than $2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back