Need some help on what I need in a tire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like you found your noise problem then.

How much do you plan to drive? Will the tires age out or wear out? Plan to drive hard or easy? I'd use those factors in a tire decision.

I decided that since I wasn't going to go back to the tire shop and pay for rotations*, and since I've never gotten full treadlife, that I wasn't going to buy the most expensive / longest life tires anymore. I'll run lower cost tires and see what the results are here. Will know in a year or two how this experiment works out.

[*Yeah I know I could buy tires from a place that does free rotations. My time isn't free; waiting in a tire shop during the workday is not what I want to do. Rotate tires at my liesure on the weekend is ok with me though, and lets me check the brakes, lube the pad ears properly, and otherwise check everything out.]

Last edited:
I drive probably 14-15k miles a year currently. I'm kind of a mixed style driver. Sometimes I round a corner quick and get up to speed fast and drive fast on the freeway (not crazy fast though) and sometimes I drive like an old lady, depends on the day lol. These tires will probably last I'm guessing 25k miles if I drive easy on them and if I keep the cupped tire in the back I might be able to keep my sanity. I'm thinking I'll replace them next 4th of July sale - Discunt Tire had some great deals then!

Originally Posted By: Char Baby
Nick, What size do you need?
205/55-16. This car is supposed to have an H or V speed rated tire. What's odd is I have T speed rating tired on here that Discount Tire installed. I'm thinking I'm just gonna ride these tires out, I rotated the tires on the left side and it's a little better too.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
I'd look at Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus. It offers a 70,000 mile warranty and is one of the top-rated grand touring tires on TR.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Originally Posted By: Char Baby
Nick, What size do you need?
205/55-16. This car is supposed to have an H or V speed rated tire. What's odd is I have T speed rating tired on here that Discount Tire installed. I'm thinking I'm just gonna ride these tires out, I rotated the tires on the left side and it's a little better too.

My daughter's '06 Mazda3 has this same size(205-55-16) and this car has had 4 sets of tires thus far both in "T" & "H" speed rated tires. I'm not sure what your criteria is beyond long tread life. But, there a literally hundreds of tires in this size!

This Mazda3 has the same Pirelli P7 Cinturato All Season PLUS(H Speed Rated) that Quattro Pete has mentioned and they're a great tire. The come in both H & V speed ratings. They're a bit hard riding on this particular car...BUT, I think it's the car more than the tires.

Usually the higher the speed rating, the shorter the tread life so, "T" or "H" would be advantageous to you...Probably "H" would be better and easier to find a shop that will install them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back