Airstrikes in Syria.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: dave1251
"If we desire to avoid insult, we must be able to repel it; if we desire to secure peace, one of the most powerful instruments of our rising prosperity, it must be known, that we are at all times ready for War."
President George Washington

I share Trav's assessment here. Most Americans are not ready and rather bury their respective heads in the sand.

what's your answer? the US occupies the middle east?

The thought of initiating M.A.D. does not concern you? Strange considering you do not have the resolve to support the only safe and logical option of the U.S. taking ISIS out with ground troops. Because this "coalition" does not have the resources to move into Iraq let alone a Russian and Iranian supported Syria to eliminate ISIS and these same "allies" have no intention of taking on Al-Qaeda

No you've misunderstood. I am commenting on the fact that you've actually reasoned not to use weapons of mass destruction because you are worried about what Putin would do.

In other words, for you it would be an option if it were not for Putin. This is quite amazing.

There are 1.6 billion muslims in the world. Can we not find and organize some of them with the necessary resolve?

By the way, Iran might support Assad but they are very much against ISIS and Al Qaeda and have already stepped in to help Iraq. They are probably the best option for dealing with ISIS.

Originally Posted By: Apollo14
I disagree that you are living in the here and now because you and others are imagining ISIS to be a huge threat to us when they are not - "it's coming for us"

Epic misunderstanding by the allegedly higher intelligence of the liberal mindset. Epic.

One: They are already here. They have thousands of fighters with passports. Ooops.

Two: They have tons of money and are willing to spend it. How long do you think it will be before they buy a backpack nuke and smuggle it into a major city? Maybe a car bomb at an airport or stadium? What sort of time frame is acceptable to you?

I am tired of this group of elected/appointed officials being surprised by every major foreign development in the world. The list has already been contributed, these guys are major league incompetent. Proven by their actions and lack of same.

Israel is not afraid. Their leaders have guts and will do whatever it takes to protect their homeland.

Wish I could say the same about mine...

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
I disagree that you are living in the here and now because you and others are imagining ISIS to be a huge threat to us when they are not - "it's coming for us"

Epic misunderstanding by the allegedly higher intelligence of the liberal mindset. Epic.

One: They are already here. They have thousands of fighters with passports. Ooops.

Two: They have tons of money and are willing to spend it. How long do you think it will be before they buy a backpack nuke and smuggle it into a major city? Maybe a car bomb at an airport or stadium? What sort of time frame is acceptable to you?

I am tired of this group of elected/appointed officials being surprised by every major foreign development in the world. The list has already been contributed, these guys are major league incompetent. Proven by their actions and lack of same.

Israel is not afraid. Their leaders have guts and will do whatever it takes to protect their homeland.

they don't have tons of money. we just bombed their only real source of money, smuggled oil. quit the limbaugh hot air act.

Israel is not afraid.

So these people who want to see the destruction of Israel are right next door to Israel, have tons of money with which to buy a nuclear bomb, and Israel isn't afraid.

I guess they haven't been listening to Limbaugh.

They have thousands of fighters with passports in the US?

How do you know this? Have you told Homeland Security or the FBI?

What do these people look like? Where are they living? We better find them. Maybe we can get a posse together.

Come on, you already know his answer; put all the muslims under the camps aka WW2 and people of Japanese origins.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
Come on, you already know his answer; put all the muslims under the camps aka WW2 and people of Japanese origins.

Nothing about this post is productive or funny.

Originally Posted By: FXjohn

they don't have tons of money. we just bombed their only real source of money, smuggled oil. quit the limbaugh hot air act.

what about the billions from the bank of mosul and other banks? what about the free cash flow they get from the kingdom of Qatar?

Think about it for a moment. ISIS have attracted extremists from around the world. They have done western countries a favor by removing some people from those countries and turning them into cannon fodder in Syria and Iraq. ....

Of course it's better to kill them there, than to kill them here. Wasn't that the point of staying in Iraq in the first place?

But to say they can't cause havoc here is simply untrue.

The southern border does not exist in practice, and the last several administrations, including this one, seem perfectly OK with an open southern border. Anything those creeps can get to Mexico, they can move across the border.

Originally Posted By: FXjohn

You must not read. They rob banks, too, and have millions and millions of dollars in cash and precious metals.

Quit the stupid peacenik act, it is simply not very smart to ignore a threat when your SWORN DUTY is to protect us!

They have thousands of fighters with passports in the US?

How do you know this? Have you told Homeland Security or the FBI?

What do these people look like? Where are they living? We better find them. Maybe we can get a posse together.

I love your style Mori.

What a guy. At least I still post under my original name here...

http://www.theguardian.com/world/gallery...der-in-pictures

Sorry airstrike only campaigns just do not work. Also doing next to nothing will breed more hatred against the U.S. just as much or more as an invasion. Look no further then the cries of the refugees and affected families slaughter by ISIS "where is the U.S., where is the help?

I fail to comprehend this. There is a proto-state that has killed two American's, declared war on the U.S., the leader of this proto-state has stated if the U.S. does not come to them, ISIS will come to the U.S. Yet some really out of touch liberals are focused on a "coalition". Sorry I have been a part of quite a few coalitions including during the dawn of "Operation Iraqi Freedom" and I have spent quite a bit of our and my personal capital training our partners in the region. This being said the current "coalition" is not effective and will not be effective against ISIS with airstrikes and no country will go in and fight ISIS without the U.S.

Originally Posted By: Vikas

Nothing about this post is productive or funny.

Amazingly tasteless comments are his trademark...

Originally Posted By: Win
The southern border does not exist in practice, and the last several administrations, including this one, seem perfectly OK with an open southern border. Anything those creeps can get to Mexico, they can move across the border.

I recommend not focusing on the political rhetoric and focus on the current facts. ISIS has no intention of smuggling themselves thru the southern boarder. Why would they? ISIS has plenty of other more effective methods of directly attacking the U.S. mainland via American Passport holders.

I recommend not focusing on the political rhetoric and focus on the current facts.

ISIS has no intention of smuggling themselves thru the southern boarder. Why would they? ISIS has plenty of other more effective methods of directly attacking the U.S. mainland via American Passport holders.

How do you know this? Do you agree with Steve that it is thousands?

You're saying "American Passport holders". Steve said "thousands of passport holders", without specifying the country.

Are these US citizens or foreigners who have managed to get US passports? Or are they non US passports?

Which countries are these thousands of people from and when did they arrive? Or are they going to arrive soon? Steve said they are here. You were not clear on where they are.

What facts do you have or is this just a known unknown?

If it is a known unknown, what pre-emptive action should we take against these thousands of people? Should we place restrictions on muslims and mosques? Should we make them identify themselves publicly, perhaps we can insist they wear traditional muslim clothes, that would be sensitive to the innocent ones.

It sounds like both of you are saying that there is an imminent threat of war and / or the usage of weapons of mass destruction in the US from thousands of ISIS fighters who hide amongst us. The current administration is useless so we can't trust that homeland security, the CIA or the FBI have been tracking these people (but you and talk radio fortunately know they exist). So we need to act now, pre-emptively because we cannot take the chance that one of these thousands is successful in any way.

But, explain again how attacking them over there in Iraq & Syria, protects us over here? I mean you said that they are already here or can come here with their passports and they number in the thousands.

I recommend not focusing on the political rhetoric and focus on the current facts.

ISIS has no intention of smuggling themselves thru the southern boarder. Why would they? ISIS has plenty of other more effective methods of directly attacking the U.S. mainland via American Passport holders.

So you're saying "American Passport holders". Steve said "thousands of passport holders".

How do you know this? Do you agree with him that it is thousands?

Are these US citizens or foreigners who have managed to get US passports? Or are they non US passports?

Which countries are these thousands of people from and when did they arrive?

What facts do you have or is this just a known unknown?

If it is a known unknown, what pre-emptive action should we take against these thousands of people? Should we place restrictions on muslims and mosques?

You two are saying that there is an imminent threat of war and / or the usage of weapons of mass destruction in the US from thousands of ISIS fighters who hide amongst us. The current administration is useless so we can't trust that homeland security, the CIA or the FBI know anything about this. So we need to act now, pre-emptively because we cannot take the chance that something goes wrong.

But, explain again how attacking them over there, protects us over here? (Seeing that there are thousands already over here).

Mori your reading and comprehension is far from accurate. I have never provided the number of American passport holders fighting for ISIS, I never said that ISIS is immediate threat to smuggle and use WMD's to attack America. Also the time for preemptive strikes has gone as passed Mori. Then again Mori your only purpose for over a decade has been to troll this forum. Your welcome to this forum was worn a long time ago. Yet you keep coming back.

Why is that?

OK, why are you calling me Mori and offering to pat my bottom (edit I see you edited that offer out)?

Now I know for sure something isn't right with you.

Since you also decided to question my comprehension, I didn't say you did say the number of American passport holders.

What I did say is that you said "American passport holders" while Steve said "thousands of passport holders".

I wanted either of you to explain which one it was so you would line up your "facts".

But I see that you have resorted to insulting me instead. Bravo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back