Airstrikes in Syria.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot. What are you smoking?

Originally Posted By: antiqueshell
Originally Posted By: Mystic
They left the oil refineries alone and attacked mobile refineries that ISIS were using. They left the refineries alone so that after all of this the people in that region of Syria will have an economic base.

LOL...remember when the US said similar nonsense when the
military was illegally invading Iraq, and destroying and looting the national museums?

I doubt ISIS even exists as we are being told, just like that
yellow cake in Iraq, or those poor premature babies being throw out of incubators in Kuwait. All theater and lies.

Originally Posted By: Astro14
Originally Posted By: rjundi
.....Does the US even use female pilots in combat?

You bet we do!

And of course, someone on TV just had to joke that female pilots constituted "boobs on the ground".

I already mentioned that. And that guy caught it from his wife at home and apologized on TV today. But the guy who said somebody parked the aircraft for her did not say anything.

Just the typical silly remarks people sometimes make.

I have experienced silly, stupid remarks here. I was told that I was an old man (which I am) with no friends and no family (I have both). And I was ridiculed when I said that I watched Fox News. Apparently it is not a free country anymore and a person has to watch only certain TV News. And then I was told some other nonsense I can't remember right now. And these attacks on me were not just from the guy who keeps coming back with new user names (and maybe has three user names right now). I was attacked by a few people here because I dare to watch Fox News.

I have every intention to keep watching whatever news channel I care to watch. Still a free country the last time I checked.

And that woman flying fighter aircraft should continue to do what she does, no matter what anybody says. And those ISIS jerks can think about that-how they are being bombed by a woman. Those jerks just now tortured and murdered a woman recently. And produced a video of it.

This old man supports the bright woman from that Middle Eastern country flying that fighter aircraft. And not the scum on the ground who murder innocent human beings. Those scum probably do not have the intelligence to fly that fighter aircraft.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: antiqueshell
They left the oil refineries alone and attacked mobile refineries that ISIS were using. They left the refineries alone so that after all of this the people in that region of Syria will have an economic base.

LOL...remember when the US said similar nonsense when the
military was illegally invading Iraq, and destroying and looting the national museums?

I doubt ISIS even exists as we are being told, just like that
yellow cake in Iraq, or those poor premature babies being throw out of incubators in Kuwait. All theater and lies.

To be fair, most of the civilized world still has the receipts and bills of lading for all of the biological and chemical weapons we and other nations sent to Iraq.

This nation hedged it bets that Saddam was way too psycho to actually get rid of them, but he did.

Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp

To be fair, most of the civilized world still has the receipts and bills of lading for all of the biological and chemical weapons we and other nations sent to Iraq.

This nation hedged it bets that Saddam was way too psycho to actually get rid of them, but he did.
All of those weapon stockpiles were accounted for to the UN weapons inspectors. Many people forget that UNSCOM was on the ground overseeing the destruction of chemical weapon stockpiles and following up on each and every intelligence lead (including all the bogus ones) provided to the weapons inspectors.

The day after Colin Powell's speech a UN weapons inspector held a press conference debunking every single purported piece of evidence in Secretary Powell's presentation. Media from all over the western world attended this press conference but not one single American media outlet reported on the conference.

Last edited:
Saddam had tons of notice we were coming. Months went by.

Gee, Syria ended up with a lot of chemical weapons. Wonder what else they got?

And of course the UN is an organization with only the highest integrity, no corruption of any kind.

The naivete here is amazing...

rumsfeld-saddam_shakinghands.jpg

Quote:
US Defence Secretary Donald Rumsfeld helped Saddam Hussein build up his arsenal of deadly chemical and biological weapons, it was revealed last night.
As an envoy from President Reagan 19 years ago, he had a secret meeting with the Iraqi dictator and arranged enormous military assistance for his war with Iran.

The CIA had already warned that Iraq was using chemical weapons almost daily. But Mr Rumsfeld, at the time a successful executive in the pharmaceutical industry, still made it possible for Saddam to buy supplies from American firms.

They included viruses such as anthrax and bubonic plague, according to the Washington Post.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-153210/Rumsfeld-helped-Iraq-chemical-weapons.html

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8

And of course the UN is an organization with only the highest integrity, no corruption of any kind.

If Saddam was still there, all the isis crazies would have been shredded and dissolved before they ever got started -- literally. He ruled with a brutal fist, but he kept everyone in line. Stable like his idol, Stalin. Pick your poison in that region. Western democracy is totally alien and uncomfortable there. Trying to force it on them is like feeding cabbages to lions.

I already mentioned that. And that guy caught it from his wife at home and apologized on TV today. But the guy who said somebody parked the aircraft for her did not say anything.

Just the typical silly remarks people sometimes make. . .

My wife thought it was pretty funny. Then again, her skin is more than one micron thick.

Remember when Freddie Prinze used to say his mother was from Hungary and his father was from Puerto Rico? He called himself a HungaRican. All in the family and the Jeffersons were huge prime time TV shows. The irony.

Originally Posted By: Throckmorton
Originally Posted By: Nickdfresh

I'm sure you hope he gets some of those Jews!
Putin is not anti-Jewish. Many of the oligarchs in Russia have dual citizenship with Israel. Besides, to whom do you think Israel sold all the stolen US intelligence provided by Jonathan Pollard? Here's a hint: according to retired CIA agents every single CIA asset behind the Iron Curtain was rounded up and summarily executed with the stolen intelligence that Israel sold to Russia in exchange for permitting a massive wave of emigration of Russian citizens to Israel. There was such a massive wave of emigration that roughly 1:10 of Israeli Jews are also Russian citizens.

Russia's only naval base in the Mediterranean is based in Syria, so Russia is of course an ally of Syria. But that does not mean Russia is exactly an enemy of Israel.

Thanks oh patron defender of Vlad. But I was responding more the the poster antiquehead or whatever his name is, not Vlad, the patron saint of national sovereignty. I'm aware that many of his apologists like to point out that he'd not as anti-Semitic as previous [censored] in the Kremlin. Good on him!
smile.gif

And while I think the Israeli gov't is largely run by D-bags, your assertions regarding Pollard might sort of be B.S., because the CIA had been penetrated by the KGB with at least two double agents before and after Pollard. We didn't need the Israelis to give away the store. We had Ames...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp
Originally Posted By: Trav
I absolutely would support him if only he could say the words "Muslim", "Islam", and "war"!

You and me both!
Start calling this scum for what it is and start treating our service people with the respect the have earned and not some sort of Micky Mouse salute with a GD coffee cup in his hand.
That was a disrespectful and a disgrace.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/sep/23/obama-salutes-marines-with-coffee-cup/

People seriously come up with the lamest reasons in the world to hate Obama.

You mean the W. and the Old Gipper golfed more and took far more "vacations?

Originally Posted By: Volvohead

If Saddam was still there, all the isis crazies would have been shredded and dissolved before they ever got started -- literally.

ISIL wouldn't have been anywhere near what it is without Saddam's Baathist cronies being in there. ISIL is their way of taking revenge against the democratically elected government.

If Saddam was still there, all the isis crazies would have been shredded and dissolved before they ever got started -- literally. He ruled with a brutal fist, but he kept everyone in line. Stable like his idol, Stalin. Pick your poison in that region. Western democracy is totally alien and uncomfortable there. Trying to force it on them is like feeding cabbages to lions.

You think Assad is any less brutal?

Originally Posted By: L_Sludger

If Saddam was still there, all the isis crazies would have been shredded and dissolved before they ever got started -- literally.

ISIL wouldn't have been anywhere near what it is without Saddam's Baathist cronies being in there. ISIL is their way of taking revenge against the democratically elected government.

And Saddam's Baathist cronies would not have supported them if Nouri al-Maliki wasn't a complete [censored]! And Iraq is hardly "democratic" - A tyranny of the majority in the truest sense of the word! The Iraqi gov't and their hollow Army of political appointees got what they deserved!

And Saddam's Baathist cronies would not have supported them if Nouri al-Maliki wasn't a complete [censored]! And Iraq is hardly "democratic" - A tyranny of the majority in the truest sense of the word! The Iraqi gov't and their hollow Army of political appointees got what they deserved!

This is alleged by some very smart folks to have been the reason the Iraqi Army would not fight. Only cronies got the higher rank position, many extremely unqualified "leaders" who ran away at the first sign of bloodshed.

I doubt things will ever be much different...

And while I think the Israeli gov't is largely run by D-bags, your assertions regarding Pollard might sort of be B.S., because the CIA had been penetrated by the KGB with at least two double agents before and after Pollard. We didn't need the Israelis to give away the store. We had Ames...
It is widely know that the reason no president has pardoned Pollard, despite enormous political pressure to do so, is that waves of high-ranking career CIA officers have threatened to resign in protest if such a thing is ever done. I doubt those CIA officer are Kremlin assets. They are the ones whose contacts in Eastern Europe & Russia were all rounded up and executed based on the information Israel sold to Russia.

You think Assad is any less brutal?

Not at all. This is a land of religious caliphates, dictatorships (military and otherwise) and monarchies.

Anyone thinking they can turn it into Dayton, Ohio is a fool.

The only state remotely approaching a western system there is Israel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back