Airstrikes in Syria.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: stockrex
Originally Posted By: Mystic
I am going to respect him less if I find out this entire attack on ISIS was done merely for political considerations and the 2014 congressional elections. I am very, very, very tired of the politics. Truly great leaders can rise above politics and achieve great things. Enough with the golf and the expensive fund raising events with wealthy donors.

I am also tired of hearing there will be no boots on the ground. After these airstrikes soften ISIS up somebodies boots are going to have to be on the ground to drive ISIS out. The Iraqi military will have to figure out how to fight for their country or the Syrians will have to go after ISIS or the Iranians or somebody.

Oh wait there is an election coming soon?
Think, suddenly we care about the people of Syria?

If the right things had been done in the past we would not even have to deal with ISIS right now. They could have been stopped when they entered Iraq out there in the desert. And according to the news reports the Iraqi government asked for airstrikes.

But we probably still would have had to go after ISIS in Syria, and the group there that is trying to attack the USA and countries in Europe.

I watch the news. All of these developments have been going on for a long time. Nobody can claim they were taken by surprise.

Originally Posted By: Trav
Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp

People seriously come up with the lamest reasons in the world to hate Obama.

Gestures like that just further proves his disdain for the military.

So a president should show his love for the military by sending 1000s of them to their death for big oil?
Then fly a large mission accomplished banner.

I don't like seeing the flag at half mast every so often.

We are all pumped up about 1 heading in the middle east, how about the 100s being killed in Assam? Myanmar?

I don't remember a latte speech from Obama or Bush about the 40000 people killed by terrorist in Sri Lanka.

Originally Posted By: Trav
Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp

People seriously come up with the lamest reasons in the world to hate Obama.

Gestures like that just further proves his disdain for the military.

He's the CIC, and likely the most powerful man in the world. If he wanted display his disdain for the military, the holding of a coffee cup during a salute is literally the least he could do to accomplish this.

Beyond that, given our nation's history of miserable foreign interference, I can name a way that every single president tangibly disrespected our military.

The one that comes to mind is the decision to invade Iraq and taking our eye of Afghanistan.

Thousands of American lives lost, tens of thousands still living with the consequences. And what did we gain?

And after borrowing trillions for wasted wars which only enriched companies like Blackwater, they then vote against funding the VA.

$6.6billion unaccounted for in Iraq: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/13/iraq-money-missing-66-bil_n_876237.html

Senate blocks VA bill: http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/02/27/us-usa-veterans-congress-idUSBREA1Q26O20140227

Yeah, the coffee cup salute is huge news. Another one that the mainstream media dropped the ball on.

No one ever READS the bills. There is much attached that has NOTHING to do with the VA in the VA bill. Ever hear of "pork" related to bills passed?

Then, after that bit of research, please tell all of us how MORE MONEY fixes the VA?

Clue: it won't. Let's instead do something that would actually help the vets instead of move the polls around to more favorable numbers.

C'mon, this is an administration that has touted transparency while doing exactly the opposite, and even the liberal media is protesting!

They're transparently obvious in their blatantly political motivations for "war against war"...

Are you intentionally using the same phraseology as Adolf Hitler, or is it just because you're tending to think a lot like him? "Global Jewry" my arse. What's your next Big Idea? Concentration camps?

Originally Posted By: antiqueshell

You are correct.

Problem is the Military Industrial Complex and Global Jewry are hungry for war and they control our government.

We have no stake in the Middle East and should have NEVER been involved there, before the Ashkanazi jews invaded Palestine in the 1930s and we helped them to steal the land from the native inhabitants (which are also Christian as well as Muslim) the US had decent relations with those countries because we had no reason to be there. The Ashkanazi want to create a "Greater Israel" which they arrogantly believe they are entitled to.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
No one ever READS the bills. There is much attached that has NOTHING to do with the VA in the VA bill. Ever hear of "pork" related to bills passed?

Then, after that bit of research, please tell all of us how MORE MONEY fixes the VA?

Clue: it won't. Let's instead do something that would actually help the vets instead of move the polls around to more favorable numbers.

C'mon, this is an administration that has touted transparency while doing exactly the opposite, and even the liberal media is protesting!

They're transparently obvious in their blatantly political motivations for "war against war"...

100% agree with this. Why don't they just pass a law that says simply no attaching monies for anything else that does not pertain to the subject of the bill.
Eg a military spending bill, attaching a forgotten item like money for uniforms would be fine but not a new toilet in at the airport of the politicians home town or 5 million for illegals.

The problem is if someone doesn't go along and wont approve the bill their opponents use it against them next elections with an ad claiming he/she doesn't care about the troops.

Originally Posted By: rjundi
.....Does the US even use female pilots in combat?

You bet we do!

And have been for a while. There was that A-10 that got shot up really badly over Iraq a long time ago. It lost hydraulic power to the control surfaces and the tiny, petite female pilot landed it with manual reversion!

Originally Posted By: gman2304
OK......NOW I remember why I don't visit this forum very often...........Geez Louise!!!!!!!

Feel the love, do ya?
Yep....it's not always a pleasant experience to know that so many on here are nutty and anti-Semitic.

39.gif

39.gif

39.gif
18.gif

39.gif

39.gif

According to this article there have been 20 militants killed during this attack on oil refineries.

http://news.ca.msn.com/world/isis-us-led-airstrikes-hit-oil-sites-in-syria-1

Wow, a whole 20 people. I am shaking my head at the cost per kill ratio here. Hopefully this is not indicative of the whole campaign. I am hoping its not another "weapons of mass destruction" wild goose-chase.

We're scorching the earth to spite Assad, mainly. Destroying the oil infrastructure plays perfectly to that end.

I can personally think of at least four female military pilots and I actually met one of them-a woman who was flying a C130. I met her in the cockpit of the C130. There is a woman working for Fox News who used to fly aircraft like the F14 or F18 off of aircraft carriers. I saw on TV on that Dirty Jobs show a woman who was flying a refueling aircraft (she was a Lt. Colonel or Colonel). And I also saw a woman who had flown close ground support aircraft on TV. I am sure there are many more. How uninformed some people are.

When they don't even know if women fly USA military aircraft they start pontificating on how Middle Eastern countries have female military pilots and wonder if the USA has ever had any. Maybe they should find out the facts before pontificating.

I did not like the remarks made by two men on The Five about the Middle Eastern military pilot.

Last edited:
They left the oil refineries alone and attacked mobile refineries that ISIS were using. They left the refineries alone so that after all of this the people in that region of Syria will have an economic base.

Originally Posted By: Smokescreen
Wow, a whole 20 people. I am shaking my head at the cost per kill ratio here. Hopefully this is not indicative of the whole campaign. I am hoping its not another "weapons of mass destruction" wild goose-chase.

Well, when you telegraph your intentions way ahead of the actual strike, including diplomatic notice as well you can bet there was plenty of time for everybody to clear out!

"weapons of mass disinformation" is true, though....

Originally Posted By: Mystic
They left the oil refineries alone and attacked mobile refineries that ISIS were using. They left the refineries alone so that after all of this the people in that region of Syria will have an economic base.

LOL...remember when the US said similar nonsense when the
military was illegally invading Iraq, and destroying and looting the national museums?

I doubt ISIS even exists as we are being told, just like that
yellow cake in Iraq, or those poor premature babies being throw out of incubators in Kuwait. All theater and lies.

Last edited:
LOL, we will find out if the refineries are still there when all of this is over.

LOL, no of course there is no ISIS. That is just a made up story. Just like all of those thousands of people who were murdered in Iraq. Just like all of those people who were beheaded, burned alive, and buried in mass graves. Just like all of those Mosques and Churches that were blown up.

LOL, even the videos from the alleged ISIS are fakes themselves. The videos of men being beheaded on video and the videos of Iraqi soldiers being murdered and buried in shallow graves.

LOL, LOL, LOL, LOL, LOL, LOL, LOL........

Steve, this is some of the stuff I really worry about. I wonder if there is actually an attempt under way to even reduce the number of ISIS personnel killed.

Now nobody wants to kill another human being. But we are in a war. These ISIS murderers are some of the worse people I have seen in a long time. They have already murdered thousands of human beings.

For all we know, after the Obama administration said several days in advance that airstrikes were on the way in Syria, important equipment could have been removed from those buildings. And there really was no reason to bomb those buildings at night when probably few people were there. There is no major opposition from the Syrians to prevent the airstrikes. In fact, both the Syrian and the Iranian governments were told in advance of the airstrikes. So these airstrikes could easily have taken place in the daytime. And for all we know, after several days warning, those buildings may have been essentially empty. If I ever find that out to have been the case, I am going to be extremely angry.

It also troubles me greatly that this may all be political. If attacks are taking place only because of the upcoming elections in November I am going to be extremely upset. I have had it with all of the politics. All of this political mumbo jumbo has no place in a war where peoples lives are at stake.

They keep talking about 'no boots on the ground.' Well, eventually, somebody will have to have boots on the ground to force these ISIS monsters out. If it is no American boots it will have to be Syrian, or Iraqi, or Iranian boots. And I don't think we should be making some kind of deals with the Iranians or encouraging them to go into Iraq.

'Boots on the ground' or 'no boots on the ground' there are American military personnel in great danger in these air operation. What about the pilots? They could be shot down or collide with another aircraft or simply experience engine failure. What about the seamen on navy ships? People are launching missiles, arming bombs, refueling and launching aircraft from an aircraft carrier. Something could happen and an entire ship could be lost with the crew.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back