LIVID - Ford Denied warranty on our 14' Fusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every car has problems, but the manufacturers should own up to them abd fix them. What good is a warranty if they are going to fight you every step of the way?

I’d write a letter to Ford and the dealer and tell them like ti is and make sure they are aware that if they don’t fix it, that you will use social media to spread the word about Ford’s inability to cover obvious warranty work.

Sometimes we have to be vocal as a consumer, and yes, I have used social media to get what I wanted when I’ve been wrong.

Originally Posted By: powayroger
........ and yes, I have used social media to get what I wanted when I’ve been wronged

Mildly ironic

Just to play devils advocate here: all it takes is some high content DEET laden bug repellent to do exactly that to plastics and actually melt nylon. The location of the peeling is somewhat local to where your hand might rest in the car and possibly near buttons on the damaged trim. The instant bashing of an entire manufacturer may be somewhat premature.

Regardless of if it's your bug spray, cologne, or body stink it shouldn't be happening. And even if that was the cause, you should get the first one free. If it becomes an issue, then look further into the cause.

Originally Posted By: Anies

Posted to their Facebook, see how long I last. My patience is a little thin after today, tried to keep it nice.

Good luck. I went to check it out and their facebook page is being flooded with complaints about money that Ford donated to "climate deniers" and some other stuff. Your post just turned into a drop in the ocean with how many people are now posting there.

Originally Posted By: hemitom
Thanks for this information, I was considering going back to Ford for my next new vehicle. which would have been one of three
1) New alloy body f150
2) mustang.
3) fusion.
If this is the way Ford wants to do business, they have just lost mine, and your more than welcome to mention that to them for me. I'm really disgusted by this lack of customer care, on a car with less than 4000 miles.
Please keep us posted on this.

I was also looking into a new Ford C-max....this has me thinking twice about even looking at it and you are more than welcome to tell me that also.

It would surprise you how some,otherwise inert, chemicals can effect plastics. Not saying this is the case, but maybe think about lotions and fluids that might have contacted those places. Watch for a use pattern that matches.

I'm suspecting that when the car was being PDI'ed before delivery that the detail guys may have accidentally sprayed a harsh cleaner on that spot and realized that they had used the wrong product
(common for detailers to use chemicals in similar spray bottles with just a label for identification. I hate to admit it but a long time ago when I was young and working at a Honda dealer, I accidentally picked up the wrong spray bottle (had acidic wheel cleaner in it!) and sprayed it on an interior spot, it peeled the painted finish right off that part. I didn't try and hide my mistake and informed the PDI manager of my error, the part was replaced and that was the end of it. But it did look a LOT like that spot in the picture.

I would actually write a return receipt requested snail mail to the CEO Mark Fields, let his office deal with this. It will get taken care of!

When I bought our 16k mile CPO 2004 X3 back in December of 2005 I noticed that the rear part of the center console was really scratched up- I suspect the prior owner must have stored a couple of malicious brats in the rear seat on a frequent basis. I asked my SA if they could do anything about it and he said that he could get BMWNA to pony up for a new rear console but that they would balk at a second claim. 150k miles and nine years later it still looks new.

Originally Posted By: HardbodyLoyalist
Doesn't the Magnuson-Moss act require that a manufacturer PROVE that some action on your part caused a failure?

Their "diagnosis" from a photo alone would cast serious doubt on the validity of such a claim.

In theory yes. The OP's problem is a perfect example of what happens when the dealer says no. They go about their merry way and the OP goes nuts trying to get the repair done.

As I get older I find I have more time to devote to this type of problem and less patience for B_S. I'd try another dealer or two, and see what happens. Then contact Ford Corporate and politely inform them of what is coming next. Then I'd make it my life's mission to cost them sales any way legally possible. Including parking near the dealership and showing potential customers the problem and letting them know how it was handled. Along with a visit to the local news, and posting everywhere I could think stating my case. See how they like that.

Try appealing. Then if they deny it again, post far and wide about your Fusion being poor quality.

Never had a single issue like that on any of the cars I've had.

Originally Posted By: Kuato
Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Try a different dealer, you may have better luck.

Agreed; some dealers try to get out of warranty work. I have had a dealer tell me they do not get recompense from corporate for warranty work....

years ago I read the front end alignment specs, there were 3 sets of specs
owner paid, dealer paid, factory paid

The pictures make the trim look to be in pretty poor shape. I, too, would be pretty frustrated with them at this point. I've had a LOT of warranty work done at Chrysler dealers, and they were generally pretty good at it. I ended up fixing a lot of stuff myself, though, because of the hassle of constantly carrying our van back in...

Which made me think...that piece of trim can't be more than 20 or 30 bucks, right?

Then I remembered your original post. Two plastic trim pieces are SIX HUNDRED DOLLARS? What's the other trim piece involved here. SIX HUNDRED DOLLARS? Are they out of their minds?

The sad part is, that I can totally see then just ignoring this and moving on. They probably get countless complaints.

Still making a stink on Facebook and Twitter.some others are sharing their horrible experiences, so hoping when their cs person wakes up they will take action(abd not delete)

The trim alone was $400 (parts). Labor wasn't included(this was drawn up as a warranty). I'd imagine at minimum an hour labor at $80-$90/hr

I edited my initial cost as I thought it was higher, but paperwork is $400 excluding labor.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: demarpaint

As I get older I find I have more time and less patience....

Wisdom for the ages....don't I know it...especially for B_S and incompetence....

Ford is not alone in not resolving degrading interiors...Toyota Camry/Solara dashboards sometimes end up like this....

2b4z.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back