What grease for sway bar bushings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Quest
When I replaced my 323 sway bar bracket bushings with EnergySuspension polys, they came with some very tacky/sticky silicon grease pack. I used them in my sway bar bushings (only used once during installation, no re-lubing afterwards) and they lasted for years w/o squeaking at all.

That is the viscous stuff made by (or for) Prothane and Energy Suspensions.

It is even made in 14 ounce grease gun cartridges as well, if you want to pay the coin for it.

I have had good luck using an anti seize lubricant like "Never Seez" on both my front and back sway bar bushings. If you have ever got some on your fingers you already know it will stay on the bushing/sway bar surface. Todd

Remember to do the final tightening with the suspension loaded.
This applies to all loaded bushings in the suspension.

I used leftover silicone RTV (gasket maker, etc) as a lube on the sway bar bushing end links (Nissan) because I'm too cheap to buy silicone grease, but it seems to be working as the noise is gone.

Originally Posted By: Doog
The best lube is no lube.

+1 Why don't you just replace the bushing or the whole sway bar for that matter? You can get either pretty cheap at rockauto. You are only prolonging the inevitable if you're greasing bushings. Or try moving back to regular rubber bushings.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back