Pellet Rifle Lube

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need to find a suitable replacement for the high dollar stuff advertised on the Pellet Gun websites. I don't want to pay $8 for a 1/4 ounce tube of silicone lube.
Crossman Chamber Lube
It has to be non combustible but other than that the usual properties for a barrel lube are in order.

Last edited:
Never did I once lube a pellet rifle. I had Beeman's last forever. Actually I still have my one from ages ago. Again never lubed so I wouldn't sweat it. If you are that obsessed, grab some Remington gun oil and call it a day

Pellet guns today really surprised me with the advances in design. There's a whole new group of rifles out there that use compressed air that you recharge from a SCUBA tank up to 3000psi. The pellet gun does this neat thing called "dieseling" where it will ignite the oil under the compression of the air charge and greatly increase chamber pressures. In fact some shooters actually take a bit of chapstick or vasilene jelly and dab it into the back of the pellet to purposefully cause this to happen. Therefore the reason for locating a non combustible probably silicone based lube.
Thanks for the replies

I think Traxxas RC car shock oil would work very well. It is silicone to protect the plastic and rubber seals in the shocks.

You only need to use the silicone lube in the spring piston chamber when it gets squeaky.

In a magnum air rifle, 1000fps+ you need to use silicone or it will diesel and may damage the gun.

The Traxxas lube is under 2$ a container.

For the spring, guide, top hat, piston and seal use ultimo 226.

For the outside of the gun, a quick wipe down with an oily far will do it, I sprayed wd40 onto an old rag which I keep in a reseal bag and give the whole.gun a quick wipe after I use it.

I use ballistol to lube my pellet guns. It helps keep the gun clean and lubricated and prevents rust. Best of all, because it is mineral oil based, ballistol will clean and condition the rubber O-rings and seals, the plastic parts and not cause any other fragile items inside the gun any damage.

Whatever you use for your air guns, just make sure it wont hurt rubber or plastic parts in any way.

I would suggest adding some Tungsten Disulphide to a lubricant of your choice. After a while it will form a lubricating layer that could be replenished every so often, but does not need constant replenishment. It bonds to the metal or plastic. Better than Moly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back