BFG G-Force Sport Comp 2 or General G-max AS-03

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at new tires for my Hyundai Accent. Thinking about the above 2 tires from DTD, both have the $50 rebate, and the Generals are two bucks more per tire. Pros vs. cons? They have similar reviews on TR...anybody run these tires, especially in wet weather locations? FWIW, I have dedicated snow tires, and current size is 205/45R16.

The AS-03 is an ultra high performance ALL SEASON tire, the BFG Sport Comp 2 is a SUMMER tire (although my early production run models are labelled as "M&S", due to meeting that designation's 'land to void' criteria).
If you want to compare a BFG tire to the AS-03, use their g-Force Super Sport all season.

I have BOTH of the above BFG tires on separate wheels, and LOVE the way they handle and stick, brake, and transition, especially for 340-400 treadwear rated rubber.
They are owned by Michelin, and there must be some transference of performance technology between the two companies.
wink.gif

The ONLY complaint I have with the Sport Comp 2 is the ugly (to me at least) tread pattern.
But then, they would NOT be the great rain tires they are with a more pure dry performance oriented, more slick-like, big tread block pattern.

Originally Posted By: dailydriver
The AS-03 is an ultra high performance ALL SEASON tire, the BFG Sport Comp 2 is a SUMMER tire.
If you want to compare a BFG tire to the AS-03, use their g-Force Super Sport all season.

Yeah, I looked at the SS all seasons, but thought the Comp2 had better reviews, and was a closer match to the Generals. Mostly my Accent sees in town work commuting. Maybe 6k miles annually. Every now and then I take it on the freeway and let the 95 or so horses under the hood stretch their legs
grin.gif
.To say that the car is gutless is an understatement. Even if I got the Generals, they would be swapped for the Goodyear Ultragrip snow tires anyways.

FYI, BFG does have 2 models of their SS all-seasons. IIRC, they were 89W and 93V. If you price match, they are roughly the same price.

I went with the 93V last year in 205/50/17 (over a set of Cooper RS3A) and got a $40 rebate. So far I've gone 9K miles and seen better gas mileage than the worn out Kumho/Hankook combination I had prior.

Ended up pulling the trigger on the Generals. Currently have a $70 rebate (which will pay for the mount and balance) plus DTD had a $25 off sale going on. Set of four mounted and balanced for $347. Not too bad, if I do say so myself.
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back