9 year old kid kills gun instructor with auto Uzi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will never understand the mentality of some parents.

http://www.sfgate.com/news/us/article/Gi...-hc-nationworld

So someone thought it would be a good idea to take their nine year old girl out try shooting an automatic weapon. Disaster strikes.

What are some people thinking? I understand wanting to teach shooting sports to someone young, maybe very closely supervised with a long rifle or something. A select fire weapon handed to a child without the motor control or executive command to withstand muzzle rise at automatic rates of fire is criminally negligent.

Sad stuff.

Ruin a 9 year old for life with parents stupidity and sadly the gun instructor idiocy.

Wait what about the right to bear arms???? Forefathers were thinking of this kind of stuff when they drew up the constitution. Btw I see no issue with owning guns etc personally. Just naive parents and what really happens with firearms/children.

uh common sense appears to be uncommon nowadays.

I was shooting pellet at age 7 and .22LR at 10

.22lr/mag pistols at 12, larger caliber rifles and muzzle loaders followed.

never any problems.

Who the heck teaches full-auto uzi to a 9 year old .... ugh.

now watch all the anti-gun people try to make this more than it is.

I feel bad for the girl.. but the guy who died is almost Darwinism...

Last edited:
People never learn...this has happened before with a kid and full auto short barreled gun and just recently too. The instructor should have been up to date on that accident.

+1 Rand.

I am not anti-gun for sure, but like anything in life step by step understanding and learning coinciding with small increases in responsibility and understanding of actions fosters greater responsibility.

This should have never happened. A 9 year old while competent with many things, lacks the fine motor skills and understanding of the consequences of handling a deadly firearm. It is simply not needed, a full auto even more so.

Its like handing the keys to a Viper to a 9 year old who can barely keep it together on a pedal bike.
33.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Rand

Yeah, Bloomtoad, his rich gun grabbing billionaire friends and Fineswine and the brady bunch are having a field day with this. it's news even more important than ISIS and Ukraine.

Reminiscent of Adam Lanza's mother thinking that guns would be a good outlet for her troubled son. Also reminiscent of that big talking phony, Chris Kyle, who thought that taking someone with PTSD out to a range was a good idea.

I blame the instructor too. I have a instructor instrument airplane (CFII) and multi-engine instructor. If you can't safely do the job...do you still do it

Originally Posted By: L_Sludger
I will never understand the mentality of some parents.

http://www.sfgate.com/news/us/article/Gi...-hc-nationworld

So someone thought it would be a good idea to take their nine year old girl out try shooting an automatic weapon. Disaster strikes.

What are some people thinking? I understand wanting to teach shooting sports to someone young, maybe very closely supervised with a long rifle or something. A select fire weapon handed to a child without the motor control or executive command to withstand muzzle rise at automatic rates of fire is criminally negligent.

Originally Posted By: Blaze
People never learn...this has happened before with a kid and full auto short barreled gun and just recently too. The instructor should have been up to date on that accident.

The instructor needs prior incidents to educate him that recoil of an automatic weapon in the hands of a nine year old is dangerous? Then he shouldn't be an instructor. Nor a gun owner.

More and more people are incapable of predicting outcomes and oblivious to consequences because they are obsessed about their freedoms.

Yeah, Bloomtoad, his rich gun grabbing billionaire friends and Fineswine and the brady bunch are having a field day with this. it's news even more important than ISIS and Ukraine.

Boils down to whether you believe stupid need The State to protect them.

Correct!

Just think, what if the 9 year old had been given the keys and got behind the wheel of a Mack truck? Maybe let her fly a jet?

Media wouldn't blame big rigs and airliners though!

Originally Posted By: Apollo14
Originally Posted By: Blaze

The instructor needs prior incidents to educate him that recoil of an automatic weapon in the hands of a nine year old is dangerous? Then he shouldn't be an instructor. Nor a gun owner.

More and more people are incapable of predicting outcomes and oblivious to consequences because they are obsessed about their freedoms.

!!
Thanks for pointing out the obvious I never would have known that!!...just like the 4-way stop we finally got here about a mile away AFTER 3 serious accidents and over 1200 signatures to get the dang stop signs planted. Sometimes things don't change until something dramatic as these two cases happens...but I guarantee you now that these types of ranges will discontinue this practice after the fact...sometimes we do indeed learn from mistakes the hard way..... dang humans!

Just so sad. I feel bad for everyone involved.

With that being said, about 5 months ago, I trained my 9 year old son how to shoot and I started him off with a .22LR Ruger pistol. He quickly wanted to go up to a more powerful handgun, so I rented him a Springfield XD 9mm pistol. The thing is I never left his side and I NEVER let go of the bottom of the pistol for control, even though he could demonstrate that he could fully control the pistol. I just felt it was a better safe than sorry.

I am professionally law enforcement trained and I know better than to give a fully automatic uzi to a 9 year old.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: gfh77665

Correct!

Just think, what if the 9 year old had been given the keys and got behind the wheel of a Mack truck? Maybe let her fly a jet?

Media wouldn't blame big rigs and airliners though!

You can bet there has been lots of 9 year olds that have driven a mack truck in the yard, or taken the stick of a plane, under supervision. And I'm sure lots of them gave their Dad a scare doing it, but a truck or a plane aren't instantly fatal like a firearm.
Anyways, I don't think the media blames firearms themselves, its just that time and time again, its shown some people just can't handle the responsibility of using them safely. Since you can't ban stupid people, the next option is the tool the stupid people are using.

The instructor was incompetent for allowing a 9 y/o to handle that gun at all! It was his own fault, and his alone.

Yes, the parents are morons, but I don't see how the girls life will be damaged in any major way. She can not be held responsible in any way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back