Which caliber glock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many years ago I bought a full sized, .40 cal Glock model 22. If I had it to do over I'd get the compact 9mm Glock 19- or maybe even look at a Glock 26.

Last edited:
I would get a Glock in 9mm. 9mm ammo is less expensive.

As far as if you should get a 17, 19, or 26, that is purely up to you.

If you never intend to carry the firearm, the G17 would be the better choice. IMO the G19 is not that much smaller than a G17, and the G17 has a larger capacity. You can use G17 mags in a G19.

The G26 would be a better option for both CCW and home defense. The G17 mags will fit into a G26 as well, they will just stick way out.

+1 .
Originally Posted By: stchman
I would get a Glock in 9mm. 9mm ammo is less expensive.

As far as if you should get a 17, 19, or 26, that is purely up to you.

If you never intend to carry the firearm, the G17 would be the better choice. IMO the G19 is not that much smaller than a G17, and the G17 has a larger capacity. You can use G17 mags in a G19.

The G26 would be a better option for both CCW and home defense. The G17 mags will fit into a G26 as well, they will just stick way out.

I would personally go for the .40 G23 for carrying and defense.

Then you can buy a Lone Wolf 9mm barrel and some G19 magazines.. And turn your .40 G23 into a "G19" 9mm for cheaper target shooting.

Will also work with a G27 .40 cal as you can buy a Lone Wolf 9mm barrel and G26 magazines and have a cheaper 9mm target target gun .
Originally Posted By: dlundblad
I would personally go for the .40 G23 for carrying and defense.

Then you can buy a Lone Wolf 9mm barrel and some G19 magazines.. And turn your .40 G23 into a "G19" 9mm for cheaper target shooting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back