Pennzoil HM vs Mobil Super HM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: lukejo
Is there any indication that the P HM is a blend as well? Seems to me it is PYB with the addition of seal conditioners....which is fine, just curious as I compare/contrast these two.

Yes, PHM is a great conventional.

Originally Posted By: wemay
Originally Posted By: motorguy222
According to the Mobil Super HM bottle it is a full syn.

I only see blend, and even that is hard to find. Only seen on the back of the jug where they compare their own oils in a diagram. M1 HM is full syn, MS HM says blend.

I have been using the MSHM for some time and have some of the quart bottles and the say that it is a full syn. on the back in the comparison chart.

The qt. bottles are now a more silver color, more the color of the Mobil Super Synthetic instead of the more gray color they used to be.

The 5qt. jugs have also had a slight label change on the front and back both.

I have 5W-30,10W-30 and 10W-40 qt. bottles of the MSHM on hand(some empty) and they all say "Full Synthetic" on the back, I just checked to make sure.

Originally Posted By: dave1251
http://www.mobil.us/usa-english-lcw/carengineoils_products_mobil-super-high-mileage.aspx

Conventional

http://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English/MotorOil/Oils/Mobil_1_High_Mileage_5W-30.aspx

Synthetic.

I have the bottles, the website has not been updated.

Go to WM and look at the bottles. They are silver in color, not the darker gray.And since it is a full syn. the front and back labels have been changed.

The back label plainly says "Full Synthetic" under the MSHM bottle in the copmarison chart. I am holding one of the bottles in my hand right now.

The chart has a "Mobil Super" on the left, the "MSHM" in the middle and "Advanced Full Synthetic" on the right and the MSHM says Full Synthetic.

I'm a little slow on the uptake, so motorguy222, what you're saying is that the Mobil Super High Mileage USED to be made from conventional only?

Originally Posted By: babbittd
I'm a little slow on the uptake, so motorguy222, what you're saying is that the Mobil Super High Mileage USED to be made from conventional only?

The Mobil Super High Mileage was at one time a syn blend.

It is now according to the label, a full synthetic.

This is be possible. The issue I have agreeing with you the product data sheets from XOM were updated in June 2014 for the High Mileage Line up.

"Mobil Super High Mileage uses a combination of synthetic and conventional high quality base oils combined with modern performance additives to help provide long engine life and outstanding protection for vehicles with more than 75,000 miles."

http://www.mobil.com/USA-English/Lubes/PDS/GLXXENPVLMOMobil_Super_High_Mileage.aspx

XOM does not have the notoriety as Shell for website gaffs. I have contacted someone from XOM hopefully I will have more information for everyone tomorrow. I can not recall when is the last time I have seen an Mobil Super High Mileage oil around here. I will keep everyone updated it may take awhile. Shell's websites are terrible but customer service is prompt. XOM has updated websites but the last time I contacted XOM it took 4 business days for a reply. At the very least XOM is better all around than Castrol.

I am at the point of being offended.It sounds as if I am being made out as telling a lie.

I posted some time ago that Mobil had taken the syn. blend off of their labels, I thought that they were going to possibly go completely conventional. Not long after that, the labels started showing up with the Full Syn. on one weight, then another and now all say Full Syn.

I have the bottles and have been using this oil for quite some time.

I know what I see and the label plainly says Full Synthetic. Mobil is not being correct either on their site or on the label but the label says Full Synthetic.

Last edited:
I don't think you're lying motorguy, it's just different than what we are seeing online and different than the bottles I currently see on shelves around here.
Heck, I hope you're right because that will be a great price for a full syn.

Just to be sure, what you're referring to (on the front of the bottle) is Mobil Super High Mileage and NOT Mobil Super Synthetic, correct??

It is Mobil Super High Mileage, I have 5W-30,10W-30 and 10W-40 and they all say that it is a full syn.

The bottles I have are not the dark gray color, they are more of a silver color, maybe the same color as the Mobil Super Synthetic but it is the High Mileage oil.

Great! I will keep watching then. Hopefully it rolls out everywhere soon. Is the price the same as before? Were you able to find at Walmart in jugs yet? I think I last saw the MSHM for $15.xx/jug.

The price in my area did change some time ago by about a little over 20 cents for a jug and 5 cents for a quart. The jugs in my area are $15.47 and the qt. is $4.52.

I am pretty sure that the jugs are Full Syn.,I think that is how I first noticed the change. I am not sure if the jugs have all switched yet but I think the 5w-30 and maybe the 10W-30 are syn., they should all be syn. as the stock changes out.

I am at the point of being offended.It sounds as if I am being made out as telling a lie.

I posted some time ago that Mobil had taken the syn. blend off of their labels, I thought that they were going to possibly go completely conventional. Not long after that, the labels started showing up with the Full Syn. on one weight, then another and now all say Full Syn.

I have the bottles and have been using this oil for quite some time.

I know what I see and the label plainly says Full Synthetic. Mobil is not being correct either on their site or on the label but the label says Full Synthetic.

XOM states that you are mistaken.

"Mobil Super High Mileage motor oil is a semi-synthetic motor oil.

-MJ

On 8/21/2014 10:14 PM, wrote:
> The following inquiry was sent through:
> Brand:
> First Name: David
> Last Name:
> Position Title: Consumer
> E-mail:
> Company: None
> Address:
> Country: United States
> Phone:
> Fax:
> Current Customer: No
> Question:
> Mobil Super High Mileage is this product marketed as an synthetic oil? If Exxon Mobil can clarify this for me I appreciate this. Thank you for your assistance.
>
> Sincerely
>
> David

It is Mobil Super High Mileage, I have 5W-30,10W-30 and 10W-40 and they all say that it is a full syn.

The bottles I have are not the dark gray color, they are more of a silver color, maybe the same color as the Mobil Super Synthetic but it is the High Mileage oil.

No semi-synthetic according to the blender.

I was told the same thing Dave was by XOM contact line.

Motorguy222, can you post a pic of that full syn Mobil Super? That would be extremely helpful in putting all this to rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back