Beretta moves manufacturing to TN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really common sense at all. Law enforcement is here to protect us, preserve the peace, and most importantly insure each and every officer makes it home at the end of the shift. So I would say police being armed with AR's, and other "tactical" weapons is fine, especially with the [censored] that pops up on the streets these days.

Originally Posted By: lawman1909
Not really common sense at all. Law enforcement is here to protect us, preserve the peace, and most importantly insure each and every officer makes it home at the end of the shift. So I would say police being armed with AR's, and other "tactical" weapons is fine, especially with the [censored] that pops up on the streets these days.
Why are you worried? Other places will sell the oppressive states the arms, so no big deal.

No, the role of law enforcement is not to protect us. Numerous court cases have affirmed that. Warren v. District and Castle Rock v. Gonzalez are two of the more commonly cited cases.

My safety is my responsibility.

Yes, it is the individual's responsibility, but LE is there to protect and serve. I.E. stopping crime, being a deterent, and investigating criminal acts.

Yes, it is the individual's responsibility, but LE is there to protect and serve. I.E. stopping crime, being a deterent, and investigating criminal acts.

LE has no duty to stop or deter crime. That is a settled legal issue in this country.

The whole "duty to protect" is based off of protecting LE from being sued by citizens. This whole "no duty to protect" is for a situation such as a drug dealer beating up an informant. It is NOT the duty of LE to protect that person. However, LE is around, along with the oaths of office, that specifically state "...to protect and serve the citizens of ______"...

Come on lawman. You said it yourself: "and most importantly insure each and every officer makes it home at the end of the shift."

Police's number one job is to look out for themselves. Next is to look out for .gov interests. Last is worry about citizens.

Quote:
While we were able in the Maryland House of Delegates to reverse some of those obstructive provisions, the possibility that such restrictions might be reinstated in the future leaves us very worried about the wisdom of maintaining a firearm manufacturing factory in the State,” stated Jeff Cooper, General Manager for Beretta U.S.A. Corp.

I can see this and IMHO its a good reason to dump that state like a bad habit

A similar thing happened in NH some years ago, the House voted against a State regulation 6 times but the House kept bringing it up for a vote.
One day when a lot of legislators were away in the summer they got it through.

Funny thing though, and i don't understand this to this day.
Why is it that when it failed they could just keep bringing it up infinitum for a vote but once it passed thats it, no more voting in the future.

Not getting political, its the reason they left.

If I were the firearms companies, I would tell NY, NJ, MD, MA, CA, CT, and a few other states to go F themselves.

Right now firearms and ammunition companies are selling everything they make so they can dictate.

Originally Posted By: hatt
Originally Posted By: theKman
Originally Posted By: loneryder
I love it. Drove by that factory for years and they made a lot of guns for the military there. Feel sorry for the people working there but hope they can move to Tn where they will be happier.

I'm just curious as to why they will be happier in Tennessee. Is it the:

Higher infant mortality rate (#4 vs #10)
Higher violent crime rate (#2 vs #9)
Higher Unemployment rate (#25 vs #36)
Lower Household Income (#43 vs #1)
Higher Persons below poverty level (#49 vs #11)
(All numbers from US Census Data/BLS)

Or maybe it's just the clean Smokey Mountain Air.
Greenest State (from Forbes, no less [2007]) (#43 vs #5)

Looks to me like those left behind by Beretta will do best by staying in Maryland.

I agree. Northeasterners should definitely stay clear of dumps like TN. It's terrible there. And FL too. Never come to FL. Just awful around here. You don't know and don't want to know how bad it is.

x2

No need to come south, especially Tennessee
laugh.gif

See I'm so ignorant I can't quote the correct member.

Seriously I welcome anyone that would be a contributing member of society.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: stchman
If I were the firearms companies, I would tell NY, NJ, MD, MA, CA, CT, and a few other states to go F themselves.

Right now firearms and ammunition companies are selling everything they make so they can dictate.
You forgot CO and IL.

They like cheaper employees. Remember, capitalism can only work when there's someone to exploit. They will NEVER run out of people to exploit. The reason is that people aren't as mobile as money. A secondary reason is the almost genetic reluctance of southerners to comprehend the benefits of collective bargaining. Remember, the old confederacy states uniformly have right to work (for less) laws.
I like a lot about our southern neighbors. We literally and figuratively wouldn't be the same USA without them. Dragging down the standard of living for the industrial workers isn't one of them.

Tell us more about how great the union has been to all those workers whose job is now overseas.

Come to Michigan and show us how the last 30 years of big labor has accomplished anything?

Even uber liberal Bono admitted that capitalism has done more to bring people out of poverty than any government program or other economic system in history. Does it have some drawbacks? Sure...but name something that works better.

Today's boom towns are tomorrow's bust towns. In the U.S., due to our excesses, the time it takes is often compressed. It's as inevitable as human nature. Empires have risen and fallen throughout history and will continue to do so. Be grateful for your time on the planet if you're not stuck in the middle of a fall.

What impact will this have on Beretta?? Should we expect a sharp decrease in quality until the new factory is caught up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back