Need some insight: '06 6.0 w/ 57k lead still here

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this is more of a assumption question here guys... My 06 has had three UOAs done I'll list them below. You can see one UOA was at ~5000mi, and two ~7500 miles. The two 7500 miles were [censored] near identical. I had slightly high lead on the previous UOA and this current marked up the same. I was going to extend my OCI, but wanted to keep the OCI the same to track this lead issue.

What do you guys think is going on here? Any and all input is appreciated.

Edited: Disregard the Potassium and Boron.. That is from the Archoil a bit back. All three UOAs were on T6.

Attached:

2wocd3t.jpg

We're talking about parts per million here. The lead is statistically insignificant....I am surprised that it was called out at all. 6 - 7 PPM isn't anything to worry about.

The Pb is not of serious note. Everything else looks good. I'd agree that you might want to keep and eye on it, but at this point, if it stays around this level, then I'd put no effort in it. I agree that you should simply monitor it for now.

The T6 sheared, as expected. You might consider tying a 30 grade and see what happens. It's not that I expect it to miraculously change; it'd just be a fun distraction to try something else.

Last edited:
Okay good deal here then.

Thanks guys. Im guessing being that both UOAs were [censored] near the same at 7500, that shows a good healthy engine?

As I said before, 5w40 T6 is in there now... Should I run it at 7500 again or maybe take it to 5k?

The next oil, maybe throw some 10w30 in there and run that for a few UOAs?

Thanks fellas!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back