Warning labels

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess if you are warned about something, someone else has already tried it.

Here is the warning label on a Halloween costume I saw while shopping with my granddaughter last year.

"Wearing of this garment does not enable you to fly."

Have you come across a warning label that makes you smile?

At my old job we had a Mazak flatbed laser cutting center, with warning labels written in Japanese and (badly) translated. They were good for a cheap laugh.

I can tell you one that just infuriates me - the warning on a coffee cup that the contents may be hot.

"The State of California, using the unscientific Precautionary Principle, has determined that every substance on Earth has the potential to cause cancer."

This is roughly translated of course!
grin2.gif

Plastic 5 gallon pails of motor oil have warning symbols on them of a small kid folded up at the waist going headfirst into an empty bucket. Remember people,never remove the lid off a 5 gallon pail of oil,kids could go for a tumble.

Originally Posted By: Barkleymut
I swear I saw one a long time ago that said not to put a cat into the microwave...ive been meaning to google that one

Warning: Do not shut your cat in a box with a vial of cyanide, a vial smasher hooked up to a Geiger counter, and an unstable atomic nucleus

Originally Posted By: Dave Sherman
I think my favorite is the one on hair dryers that says not to use while showering.

That one I believe

Originally Posted By: Miller88
Originally Posted By: Dave Sherman
I think my favorite is the one on hair dryers that says not to use while showering.

That one I believe

I also believe that using a blow dryer in the shower would be bad.

Electrocution hazard aside, it's the fact that somebody would be trying to dry their hair while showering that seems funny. I'm sure somebody attempted it, otherwise hair dryers wouldn't have that warning label and attached GFCI.

Originally Posted By: leeharvey418
Originally Posted By: Barkleymut
I swear I saw one a long time ago that said not to put a cat into the microwave...ive been meaning to google that one

Warning: Do not shut your cat in a box with a vial of cyanide, a vial smasher hooked up to a Geiger counter, and an unstable atomic nucleus

It's been done... maybe.
wink.gif

But there are idiots out there. People have used push lawn mowers to cut hedges and gotten hurt. Then they sue the manufacturer for not mentioning that as a restriction.

We have a rather large massage tool called a Thumper, I bought it at a time I was suffering muscular back pain.

It has a warning : Not to be used on testicles.

Originally Posted By: expat
We have a rather large massage tool called a Thumper, I bought it at a time I was suffering muscular back pain.

This should be on tubes of BenGay also.

Originally Posted By: expat

316OtnfIAAL._SP160,160,0,T_.jpg

o_O

As Ingval says, "Here's your sign." He always made me laugh with his reading of a can of shaving cream It said on the label, "Do not use near open fire or flame.

His comment was, "Somebody probably tried to shave in the fireplace!"

Quote:

It said on the label, "Do not use near open fire or flame.

For some reason propane is used as a propellant for shaving cream.

Last edited:
I understand the serious nature of this warning, but John Deere does not want you to mow over babies in the lawn:

Actual decal on JD mower decks:
OMM149666_G3100.jpg

Alex Plus caulk tubes read: "Do not take internally".

They also say do not eat, so the internally warning is for something else...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back