Heating fuel prices - post yours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Filled up with propane for $1.68 a gallon here a few weeks back.. that sure beats the 5-6 something it was last winter.

Last winter we stopped using the furnace and starting using space heaters that ran 24/7. They were able to keep the house at 62*F, but nearly doubled the power bill. With the combined cost of propane, buying the heaters and the extra electricity, they still paid for themselves and we didn't freeze.

I am looking at a prebuy for oil at around $3.57 and need 700 gallons. My 2 tanks hold 550 gallons.

I am waiting for everyone to switch from oil to propane so the price of heating oil drops.

Propane is made from oil so maybe that will never happen.

We contract our propane every year, and just did our next contract about a month ago. We locked in and prepaid at about $1.39/gallon-we contracted for 700 gallons. That will last us all winter and take care of most of our next summer fill. We heat about 4200 square feet of home, and keep it around 68 degrees during the day and 60 degrees at night during the winter.

The propane also includes our stove/oven, clothes dryer and our outdoor grill that's plumbed into the propane system. So everything propane costs about $1,000/year in fuel.

Around this area propane is historically cheaper than natural gas if you contract and lock in at a summer price.

$1.39! Wow! That's cheaper than I've seen it anywhere. Local markets are interesting.

Have you considered getting a vehicle that operates on LPG and fueling at home?

1000 gallons of #2 heating oil for hot water and heat, temp at 64F.

We spend additionally about $200/year on cord wood and I find stuff on side of road to feed our woodstove that makes our main living area 72-80F!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back