Redline 10w30/ 20w50 2006 VFR800

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im closing in on 2500 mile mark with Valvoline mc oil, Im only running another uoa to see if my lead count is the same general area, Im expecting it to be.

I ran a 200 mile flush with Supertech 15w40, before installing the Valvoline.

I just dumped the Valvoline 10w40 today 2500 miles, Its as good as any and wasn't replaced due to shift quality degrade. To tell yeah the truth, it seemed fine on install, and only got better with more miles. I swapped back to Castrol 4 t , but all oils are on sale till aug 25 at autozone, so I may pick up another batch of Valvoline before it expires.

By sight , the Valvoline looked really nice on drain out, definitely could have extended, I retrieved a sample, and will probably send it in soon.

UHHH I want the Valvoline back, Castrol has much stronger clutch grip and translates into notchy shifting . This was the second time Ive ran Castrol 4t and didn't notice the last time. Maybe I was coming off a diesil or car oil at the time and that's why I didn't notice.

Thanks Mack. I also have a vfr800, and am always looking for a good oil at a good price. I've been running T6 for the last few oil changes, and it's done well. But I am a member of BITOG, so you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back