Car Quest Oil filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: engineer20
But it has paper end caps! I heard some of that paper gets lodged up in the engine

Or are they just fram bashing?

Nobody can post up links off this board from the last 10 years that can prove anything even close to that.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
But it has paper end caps! I heard some of that paper gets lodged up in the engine

Technically it's cellulose/ synthetic fiber, which is what the media is constructed off. The Fram horror stories are just like PYB and Quaker State oil causing sludge. Old stories for 30-40 years ago.

Absolutely correct.

Have you not read my posts stating it was a "fiber boars" not "cardboard".

How is fram ultra compared to wix or carquest blue?

Why don't you research the topic and tell us?

How is fram ultra compared to wix or carquest blue?

The Ultra is better than both those filters. Dude, just go buy one, slap it on, have a beer and run it for 10K~15K.
grin.gif

Gregk24 is/was in the same boat as I am, just a newbie trying to protect my engine and take advantage of sales. I already have a stash of oil and filters

I'll take a look into it. I already have one for the taurus in my stash but are the used fram ultras easy to cut open compared to other filters? I use a saw, not a power saw so I've been cutting open the last few filters by hand so if it's easy to cut open, that's a plus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back