NHRA drag racing june 15.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: 02SE
Just an FYI, the 10,000 HP figure that is now widely mentioned, is still on the low end. It's in the vicinity, but still far too low most of the time.

The way we know this, is measuring the driveline shaft deflection. If a driveline of known strength deflects X amount, we know there is X amount of torque being applied to it. From there it's a simple mathematical equation to determine the HP.

Of course we don't measure shaft deflection to determine the HP. That is just a side effect of data-logging the clutch performance.

I used to laugh at the often quoted 8000 HP figure. For at least the last eight years, it has been far beyond that.

How were you measuring driveshaft twist position? Strain gauges?

Racing is using more fuel than ordinary driving. One question, is the fuel tank of motor bikes,cars are bigger than ordinary vehicle?

Originally Posted By: Rose
Racing is using more fuel than ordinary driving.

It is? Additionally, what is "ordinary" driving?

Originally Posted By: Rose
One question, is the fuel tank of motor bikes,cars are bigger than ordinary vehicle?

What motor bikes and cars? What is an "ordinary" vehicle?

Last edited:
I have no earthly idea what the question/statement means. It reads as if written by a person for whom English is at best a second language.

Originally Posted By: chestand
I have no earthly idea what the question/statement means. It reads as if written by a person for whom English is at best a second language.

I agree with you. That's why I asked for clarification.

I stopped watching and attending NHRA events when they went to the 1,000 foot mark for the fuel cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back