Road Glide returns for 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
2015 Road Glide

gallery_sub2.jpg

roadglide_gallery__0037_1.jpg

All I see is an overpriced ordinary street bike with a couple of small saddlebags, with an odd miniature fairing that likely serves little function hanging way out over the front wheel... that looks like thousands of other Harleys out there.

I've heard that the reason they stopped production for '14, was to figure out a way to hide the radiator and plumbing for the water cooling. They wouldn't sell one, if the hung an ugly exposed radiator out in front of it.,,

It is not water cooled (or even twin cooled for that matter)...maybe when the road glide ultra limited comes out...
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Silverado12
Looks very much like the Street Glide, except for the fairing w/two headlights.

That's exactly what it is.

I've always preferred the Road Glide over the Street Glide.

On a related note, Why does Harley put giant fenders on the front of their touring bikes? The Road Glide looks like the smallest one, but it's still too big.

Originally Posted By: whip
Originally Posted By: Silverado12
Looks very much like the Street Glide, except for the fairing w/two headlights.

That's exactly what it is.

I've always preferred the Road Glide over the Street Glide.

The one functional difference between the Road Glide and the Street Glide (indeed I am pretty sure all other HD's) is that the road Glide fairing (and thus headlight) does not turn with the bars. Some riders have a strong preference for one or the other... Doesn't much matter to me.

I prefer the profile of the Street Glide and the front view of the Road Glide. I wonder about the reach to the stereo on the Road Glide, will have to go check it out when in dealers.

Originally Posted By: BigCahuna
I've heard that the reason they stopped production for '14, was to figure out a way to hide the radiator and plumbing for the water cooling. They wouldn't sell one, if the hung an ugly exposed radiator out in front of it.,,

They hang them out front on the Street 500 and 750 and the VRSC models and people are buying them.

I like it. We rented a 2013 FLTRU (the dresser Roadglide) and put a few hundred miles on it when I was shopping a touring bike. It was pretty nice, and we enjoyed it, but it had a few glaring faults that were inexcusable. Opted for an R1200RT, instead. The Project Rushmore updates actually address many of the gripes that I had, it would be cool to give the Roadglide another day in court when the Ultra comes out to see how effective the updates are to fixing the faults.

Looks pretty cool to me, anyway. I always liked the sharknose better than the batwing.

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
All I see is an overpriced ordinary street bike with a couple of small saddlebags, with an odd miniature fairing that likely serves little function hanging way out over the front wheel... that looks like thousands of other Harleys out there.

You mean MILLIONS don't you?

Originally Posted By: DuckRyder
... I wonder about the reach to the stereo on the Road Glide, will have to go check it out when in dealers.

It is a long reach, far longer than the Street Glide but can be controlled by the handlebar controls as well as voice commands.

Originally Posted By: Robenstein
Originally Posted By: BigCahuna

They hang them out front on the Street 500 and 750 and the VRSC models and people are buying them.
But they aren't the same animal.Anyone buying the 500 or 750 isn't buying it because how it looks. And the v-rod, or as they say the red haired step child of Harley, is such a non critical part of Harley's lineup that if they stopped selling it today, nobody would notice it.,,

Originally Posted By: DuckRyder
It is not water cooled (or even twin cooled for that matter)...maybe when the road glide ultra limited comes out...
wink.gif

The CVO Road Glide Ultra has a twincooled 110 and they hide the radiators exactly the same way they did on the regular twincooled touring bikes, in the lowers.

After many Japanese Motorcycles I went to look at a Sportster last year and when the dealer wanted $100.000 for setup etc I asked for the manager and asked why the cost because I probable could have the notorcycle totally apart in an hour, he just mumbled something , I just left with my check book.

My buddy just got a 2015 Road Glide Std. Black. I have not ridden it yet, but hopefully will before winter. Not sure I like how far forward the fairing is, but after I ride it I might change my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back