Magneti Marelli/Mopar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like I may be able to get these filters to fit my GMC van for about the same cost as death cans
whistle.gif
or Purosploders
39.gif
. Are they good filters? I didn't see any technical info on the site.

Magneti Marelli does not have a great name in Europe. Think of them as the Italian Lucas, definitely not Bosch by any stretch of the imagination.
Their Filters are probably sourced from someone else.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Trav
Magneti Marelli does not have a great name in Europe. Think of them as the Italian Lucas, definitely not Bosch by any stretch of the imagination.
Their Filters are probably sourced from someone else.

I disagree.I had cars with both systems and find MM superior to Bosch in both software and hardware. For instance PUG 106 GTI with MM ECU ran better then with Bosch or Sagem units.I had nothing but troubles with Bosch MAFs on my Alfas. Do not forget they produce AMT for Ferraris and other from 1997.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Stelth
It looks like I may be able to get these filters to fit my GMC van for about the same cost as death cans
whistle.gif
or Purosploders
39.gif
. Are they good filters? I didn't see any technical info on the site.

If you bring an import into a Chrysler dealer you'll probably end up with a MM filter, I did when I cashed in on a free oil change offer.

It worked OK on a Honda V6 with conventional oil to almost 6K. From surfing around I see they are tightly integrated with Fiat. That's all I know about MM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back