I'm seeing more of these "alkaline water" places .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this a new trend? Places that sell water are now selling alkaline water. They're stating that it has all kinds of health benefits,such as helping with cholesterol, diabetes,migranes,better hydration,detoxifies,etc. Sounds too good to be true to me. Anyone familiar with this water??

In the early 1900s they thought smelling ozone had health benefits too.

The probably add a few drops of sodium hydroxide (lye) to the water to raise the pH above 7.0. Sounds like a rip off if they charge more for it. Some spring waters are naturally alkaline but full of minerals too.

My well water is probably a bit alkaline being drawn through limestone.

A Japanese company called Enagic came to CA about 10 yrs ago. They make water ionizers. I have one. You'll hear more and more about this water. the machines are smaller versions of what they have been using in japanese hospitals for over 30 yrs to heal both internally and externally.

You're able to make different pHs of water, ranging from 2.5 up to 11.5. The different pH waters have different and rather incredible uses.

Water is a passion of mine in many ways. CA, being more progressive with regards to health has been a booming state for this water.

People travel over 60 miles to get free water (for a limited time) from The Enagic office in Torrence, CA. It works.

Ive witnessed many stories first hand of what it has done for people. A lady that bought a machine thru me had symptom reversal within 30 minutes....that was WILD.

I got into this 5 yrs ago and my opinion on these machines and the water has shifted somewhat. Im more into the idea of drinking fresh from source spring water now, and have built a water device here at home also.

Water is a huge and amazing subject, so much more than the health aspect.

enagic.org will take you to the "Kangen Water" machine site.

Tap water is Federally mandated to be above pH 7.0.

I hear that Lye is added to tap water to get it up to that level. Nobody (that I know of) that is selling "alkaline water" is using Lye.

I saw an article in a woman magazine while waiting in line at the grocery store....cited a study that PH of plus 8, 9 area aids in weight loss. Crafty way to get the marketing out there. Linked it to women over 40.

I'm not saying it isn't legit but sure does make me go hmmmm when presented in a kinda rag type magazine and clearly going for older women looking to stay young and thin.

I worked at a water bottling company for a few years. We used RO water to bottle with and offered some as straight RO and some "with minerals added" The minerals were potassium sulfate and sodium sulfate. Around 5 ppm each if I remember correctly.

Any pH over 8 or under 6 got rejected. We also did an ozone injection to kill bacteria.

We also bottled some local spring water. It got the ozone but other than that was straight out of the spring.

Alkaline water is a scam, IMO, as given fairly pure water, it doesn't take much of anything to get it alkaline, but with no buffering capacity, it won't push your body very far in the alkaline direction either...a little carb soda if you want to do it yourself.

Some of the techniques using hydrolysis may be fairly dangerous too.

The alkaline concept is sound, as it applies to diet. e.g. orange juice is acidifying, an orange, with the flesh is alkalising. There are some good articles in proper science magazines on the subject...alas the scammers have marketed the water.

Originally Posted By: daves66nova
Is this a new trend? Places that sell water are now selling alkaline water. They're stating that it has all kinds of health benefits,such as helping with cholesterol, diabetes,migranes,better hydration,detoxifies,etc. Sounds too good to be true to me. Anyone familiar with this water??

Only in L.A....
21.gif

my boss has an enagic water machine at work. it uses electricity to seperate the good and bad water molecules.i drink atleast a gallon a day. my boss had gout,high cholesterol and high bp. he stopped taking the meds and few months drinking the water and his body got alkaline and healed its self. its a known fact thar cancer cant live in an alkaline body so thats good enough reason to drink it for me.
the water does not fix you. it allows your body heal its self

I make my own. I have a reverse osmosis system - because my tap water tastes like a$$. The product water is very pure. It reads right at 7.00 on my el cheapo pH meter. For each half gallon I add a 1:2 mix of pink sea salt and plain old baking soda. The result is a water with better "mouthfeel" (sounds odd, but it is legit) and a pH of about 8.1.

Carbon dioxide in air + water + time = Carbonic acid = lowering pH.

Can some one explain to me how the pH of drinking water will change the pH throughout the rest of your body? Why not chew a few TUMS daily, that way you'll allow your body to heal itself AND get your daily dose of calcium...

Originally Posted By: gathermewool
Carbon dioxide in air + water + time = Carbonic acid = lowering pH.

Can some one explain to me how the pH of drinking water will change the pH throughout the rest of your body? Why not chew a few TUMS daily, that way you'll allow your body to heal itself AND get your daily dose of calcium...

I laughed.

But you are probably right.

Originally Posted By: Mamala Bay
Like anything else there maybe something to do with minerals in the body chain reaction. Distilled water which is acidic.

http://www.mercola.com/article/water/distilled_water.htm

Is this the same guy?

QUACK

If you're selling or receiving any sort of monetary compensation, you have no credibility. The only exception is Pablo (seriously, not sarcastically
11.gif
)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back