Lucas ATF additives?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find Lucas trans additive very useful, and their fuel additive very useful AND their UCL additive very useful.

Well, more like I find their bottles make the best funnels. Never used any of the additive.

Originally Posted By: engineer20
My taurus transmission doesn't shift smoothly and it is nearing 80k. Should I put Lucas or lubeguard in it or will it hurt?

I would probably drain the entire contents of the pan and replace with 5 quarts of Lucas and 6 bottles of lubegard Platinum.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
My taurus transmission doesn't shift smoothly and it is nearing 80k. Should I put Lucas or lubeguard in it or will it hurt?

I would probably drain the entire contents of the pan and replace with 5 quarts of Lucas and 6 bottles of lubegard Platinum.

I agree except I'd use seafoam tranny additive for a couple hundred miles then drain and fill with maxlife.
And use a synthetic tranny fluid. The viscosity index will be higher which means better fuel economy at start up while the fluid gets up to temp.
Repeat the drain and fill cycle every week until the fluid looks like new in the tranny.

Is lubegard platinum the one that comes in the red bottle? I saw they also had a friction modifier product and another one saying ATF protectant, which one is being talked about and which one should I use? The taurus had a tranny fluid flush at 55k

Lucas really does keep your tranny cooler, it just might take a bit for the thing to grenade itself after you dump the garbage in.

Boom, cool transmission.

Is lubegard platinum the one that comes in the red bottle? I saw they also had a friction modifier product and another one saying ATF protectant, which one is being talked about and which one should I use? The taurus had a tranny fluid flush at 55k

The Red bottle is Lubegard "red"... Duh

The Platinum is the silver bottle.

Now that i think about it i would probably skip the lucas all together and add all Type F fluid with the Lubegard platinum!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back