Pennzoil.com, Oil Selector section finally current

Status
Not open for further replies.
And they need to correct their capacity list. Says my car has a 1.06 gallon capacity. But in reality it takes just shy of 5 quarts when changing the oil and filter, and a bit less if just changing the oil.

Now if they're using imperial gallons, that's close but becomes slightly more than what is needed.

Doesn't list my 1999 Mercury Grand Marquis or 2000 Mazda Miata. My Taurus is back-speced for 5w20, but they list 5w30.

Fail.

My vehicle was not listed either. Ultra TDS has Noack listed as 11.5 (5W-30) so no one here will buy it anyway.

Last edited:
Oh, heck...
Sorry for getting excited fellas. I finally saw 2014 Hyundai's listed and assumed they upgraded their web experience... wrong!

'Carry on, nothing has changed here'

Last edited:
Worked fine for my two cars. I'm surprised it recommended synthetic in my Acura, when the manual never said that. It doesn't have my girlfriend's 2001 Civic on the site. They completely skipped that year of Honda.

They always 'recommend' synthetic but below that they show the 'meets specs' variant. For my 2.4, that would be PYB.

It found my truck just fine. And, I wanted to have some fun, I wanted to see if they would specify the same oils for my generation of F-150, or if they'd go by the back-spec - and if so, when it changed.

So, my truck is a 2001 F-150 (5.4L V8). Its generation was 97-03.

Pennzoil recommendation/specification for these years:

1997 = 5w-30
1998 = 5w-30
1999 = 5w-30

2000 = 5w-20
2001 = 5w-20
2002 = 5w-20
2003 = 5w-20

Eeyup! Just what I figured.

I'm not at all part of the "thicker is better" crowd - but nor am I part of the "thinner is better" crowd... I just use what was originally specified rather than following the back spec.

Originally Posted By: wemay
They always 'recommend' synthetic but below that they show the 'meets specs' variant. For my 2.4, that would be PYB.

Strangely, they didn't recommend it for my Firebird. Just the Integra. I would've thought it would be the other way around.

Originally Posted By: C4Dave
Doesn't list my 1999 Mercury Grand Marquis or 2000 Mazda Miata. My Taurus is back-speced for 5w20, but they list 5w30.

Fail.
Doesn't list the 2000 MGM either, and it calls my 2003 Marauder an SUV.

Double fail.

Wow..it's totally jacked up... Closest Honda Accord listed is a 2000 with a 2.3 and it's stating it needs 10W-40 oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back