Nice portable (small) wireless mouse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: DBMaster
I am not a fan of Logitech mice. My favorite has been the Microsoft Wireless Mouse 3000. It is a previous model, but you can still get them on eBay for around $15.

Thanks. If the Anywhere MX does not work out for me, I will be giving this Microsoft one a try next. Amazon still sells it.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Thanks. If the Anywhere MX does not work out for me, I will be giving this Microsoft one a try next.

OT, but I had to pick up a new corded mouse yesterday - yes, I still use a corded one. Anyhow, I stopped at a local store, where they already know my dislike of Microsoft. All the stuff on the stupid peg board was Microsoft. "Do you have any mice here that don't have Microsoft written all over them?" Yep, they did have a couple Logtechs.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Garak
yes, I still use a corded one.

That's what I use at my office work stations, too. The accuracy can't be beat and there is never a need to replace or charge batteries. Currently using a Logitech M500 for that purpose. The other work station has some old Microsoft Intellipoint Explorer mouse. Both work fine.

Thanks. If the Anywhere MX does not work out for me, I will be giving this Microsoft one a try next.

OT, but I had to pick up a new corded mouse yesterday - yes, I still use a corded one. Anyhow, I stopped at a local store, where they already know my dislike of Microsoft. All the stuff on the stupid peg board was Microsoft. "Do you have any mice here that don't have Microsoft written all over them?" Yep, they did have a couple Logtechs.
wink.gif

I have to say, though, Microsoft used to make some amazing mice. I used a standard Microsoft Wheel Mouse Optical for many years (at least 10 years of hardcore gaming and daily use) and it's still going strong. I recently bought a NOS one to use at work. The sensor is great and it fits my hand perfectly. I've never had an issue with the switches giving out, either. On the other hand, I have had a Logitech give out on me (left click stopped working). I do enjoy my Logitech G400S that I used to give my old WMO a break, though.
smile.gif

Oh, I have used Microsoft mice before. One even came with one of my office computers. For my second last computer, I had an Intellipoint, like Quattro Pete mentions. Realistically speaking, all I care about is having a scroll wheel, accurate tracking, and no concern about batteries. So, a $20 or under OEM Logitech thing will more than do the trick.

My current Lenovo came with an absolute piece of garbage mouse which I won't even bother unwrapping.

Uhh... just got the Anywhere MX, and on hard surfaces, it also wobbles, just like the M325. How difficult is it to make 4 feet that are level???

The hefty feel of the MX is more like my old V450, but I still prefer the ergonomics of the V450. I guess it's time to hit up ebay for another V450...

Uhh... just got the Anywhere MX, and on hard surfaces, it also wobbles, just like the M325. How difficult is it to make 4 feet that are level???

The hefty feel of the MX is more like my old V450, but I still prefer the ergonomics of the V450. I guess it's time to hit up ebay for another V450...

Hmm.. my M325 doesn't wobble on hard surfaces. I wonder if yours is defective?

Going to order a second Anywhere MX, in hopes this one is stable. Also ordering for comparison:

Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 3000
Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 3500
Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000
Anker Portable Wireless Mouse (based on Amazon reviews)

Finally after a visit to the local BB, I relized the M525 has the same shape/size as the old V450; however, the M525 does not have the same scroll wheel feel (it's only smooth rolling, not click rolling). Anyway, will order one too, for comparison.

Yes, all the cheaper mice only have the smooth rolling wheel these days. Some of the higher end Logitech mice let you choose whether the wheel should smooth roll or click roll.

...After about 5 years of heavy use, my Logitech V450 nano is starting to act up (the dreaded left button double-click issue)...

Yep..me too. Left button is throwing a wobbly...I picked up a wired HP mouse for cheap from Fry's. I'm going to see if I can disassemble the Logitech and possibly clean the left-button contact with DeOxit.

Oh oh, I didn't open the box yet. I had better not have a garbage one waiting for me.
wink.gif

Which model is it?

The corded Logitech M500 I have is pretty decent, and it has a button to toggle between smooth roll and click roll. It's only $25 on Amazon. Of course it's probably $125 in Canada...

Yes, all the cheaper mice only have the smooth rolling wheel these days. Some of the higher end Logitech mice let you choose whether the wheel should smooth roll or click roll.

I actually switch between the smooth and click roll much more than I had anticipated I would. It's a shame you got a dud that wobbles. I picked up my Anywhere mouse from the Westmont Micro Center "Refurbished" for about $30 and it sits flat. It seemed brand new, just didn't include the box.

Oh, I have used Microsoft mice before. One even came with one of my office computers. For my second last computer, I had an Intellipoint, like Quattro Pete mentions. Realistically speaking, all I care about is having a scroll wheel, accurate tracking, and no concern about batteries. So, a $20 or under OEM Logitech thing will more than do the trick.

My current Lenovo came with an absolute piece of garbage mouse which I won't even bother unwrapping.

I had an Intellipoint mouse as my "DD" for a quite a long time. It fit my hand very well and I liked the placement of the programmable buttons. It did stand out a little being used with my Ruby Red iMac.

The corded Logitech M500 I have is pretty decent, and it has a button to toggle between smooth roll and click roll. It's only $25 on Amazon. Of course it's probably $125 in Canada...

I'm okay, it's the B100. It's a little cheaper looking and feeling than the old one, but the scroll wheel is "normal." The M500 was on my short list, though I wasn't exactly needing the side buttons (though I've used them before). Normal retail price here for that one is about $40 at Staples, not quite $125.
wink.gif
Now, if it came with a jug of oil, that would jack it up to $125. My B100 was $19.95 or something like that. I didn't have to go out of my way to hit Staples or anything like that, though.

While I'm waiting for the replacement Anywhere MX to get here, I picked up a Microsoft 3500 from Walmart - it's quite decent, and I like the scroll wheel action.

I did not like the scroll wheel on the Logitech M525. I also did not like the texture and the cheap feel of the Anker mouse. So these two are going back to Amazon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back