CVT with shift sensation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, people are stupid. I've seen too many posts on various forums about "slipping" CVT. Dealers saw a lot of that too and the car makers decided to dumb it down to the lowest common denominator. Welcome to the future, LOL.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Originally Posted By: d00df00d
They could, sure. It's just that the majority don't. Steve's "as they are currently delivered" caveat is important here.
wink.gif

Exactly, as this is an area of intense research and innovation. I am a big believer in new tech and my thoughts are that when we need something technology becomes available.

I can't wait to see the new stuff coming...

The first CVT's in a cars back in the 1950's had a button on the dashboard that would enable engine braking.

I can't see adding the feature to modern cars being a problem.

I wonder what the cost/saving (to a manufacturer) is for a CVT over a 8 speed Automatic?

Originally Posted By: buster
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2630794

CVT is winning over long time manual fans.

Yes. This is an excellent example of correct programming. If the things works well and shows promise enthusiasts will embrace it. Note that in that thread there are folks confused about throttle programming issues. Most folks just don't get how important these things are, even more so than hardware IMO.

I'll be very interested in how it responds to engine mods for more power and tuning mods that reduce torque management...

Last edited:
^ right, that's why I keep bringing up Subaru. It's a game changer IMO. First CVT in a high performance application. The Forester XT in sport # is great also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back