What is the typical turnaround for oil analysis?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It depends. My problem is that some samples I have sent out never make it to the first USPS sorting station for 2 or 3 weeks.
Once at Polaris, it takes only a few days.

I have no idea what the post office is doing.

Once they receive the sample, it's typically 2 days, sometimes 3.

They might be slightly backed up due to the holiday. I would certainly call and ask if they have even received it yet. First class mail is VERY slow sometimes.

Originally Posted By: dparm
Once they receive the sample, it's typically 2 days, sometimes 3.

They might be slightly backed up due to the holiday. I would certainly call and ask if they have even received it yet. First class mail is VERY slow sometimes.

+1
The Last sample i sent in, was mailed on june 7th. I finally got the report from blackstone on June 25th.
by which time i had just considered it lost in the mail.
I'm only an hour drive from them, mail to Ft.Wayne from here is Normally 1-2 days, 3 tops.

Last edited:
You guys need to mail them in a separate small box and answer no to the questions about being hazardous.

I mailed mine first class this way and it was there in a few days and I had results the day after they received the sample at Blackstone.

It's been awhile since I sent a sample to Blackstone, but I always send it flat rate priority with tracking. If I send it Monday, the latest I get my email report is Thursday but usually Wednesday.
Kevin

I have sent twelve samples to Blackstone and all but one were done the same day they arrived. Regardless of the lab you use, send out the sample in a box or big envelope and send it out with tracking.

Years ago, I sent samples in the provided bottle with prepaid first class postage (stamped into the bottle) and some never made it to the lab....very frustrating.

Lessons learned on how to send it. I'll definitely use a small box next time. I did mark that it was not hazardous.

Hopefully I'll get the results eventually. The sample was from a 9,000 mile run in my Silverado.

I am still having post office issues with sending my samples to Polaris. They are tracked as leaving Nassau NY and should be tracked as arriving in Albany (sorting) within a few hours. They have not arrived in Albany in 2 weeks.

Yet at some point they will arrive at Polaris and be processed. They always do.

Post office transit time = 3 weeks, Polaris processing = 2 days.

I put a few samples into a USPS Priority Mail padded envelope and they reached the lab in the promised 2 days.

I avoided putting the word "Oil" on the address label.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back