Gumout Q&A Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found the answer to my question interesting.

However, High Mileage Regane has a friction modifier to help restore lost MPG and reduce upper cylinder wear. All in one has a larger dose of this friction modifier as well as more PEA. All three products can be used at up to double the recommended treat rate for even stronger cleaning.

I think if i can't find Techron on sale i will exclusivly use the All in One Gumout since it has the large dose of friction modifer, and higher PEA.

Up here, we get the Regane and HM Regane on sale once in a while. Our retailers have terrible regular prices, but they do cut them by 50% regularly. That just goes to show you what type of markup these retailers use on those tiny bottles.

Originally Posted By: Bandito440
They're not even willing to tell us which product has the highest concentration of PEA? Bah.

It's funny because up until seven or eight years ago Chevron and others including Gumout WOULD reveal the percentage on their MSDS sheets..usually it was stated at about 35-50% in any bottle sold.
They removed this information about 7 years ago. I don't see why they need to be so secretive about it now when they were fine releasing it not too many years ago.

Originally Posted By: antiqueshell
Originally Posted By: Bandito440
They're not even willing to tell us which product has the highest concentration of PEA? Bah.

It's funny because up until seven or eight years ago Chevron and others including Gumout WOULD reveal the percentage on their MSDS sheets..usually it was stated at about 35-50% in any bottle sold.
They removed this information about 7 years ago. I don't see why they need to be so secretive about it now when they were fine releasing it not too many years ago.

Probably because they figured out how to reduce the PEA % but keep it effective.

At least the Red Line SI-1 shows 30%-50% PEA on their MSDS.

Gumout Regane just reads "blend of petroleum distillates and addatives".

I appreciate Red Line's greater transparency.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis

Probably because they figured out how to reduce the PEA % but keep it effective.

Hard to believe that would be so. PEA is the ONLY active ingredient in the Gumout and competitor products, so by reducing the level below 30% per application you are reducing it's effectiveness. Somewhere else I remember reading that once you raised the percentage in the application to 60% the effectiveness did not increase at all. So it seems like 50% PEA per application is the most effective and best value for the dollar.

and MSDS does not have to include all ingredients only the ones that are harmful or have impact on transportation. So if you don't see PEA listed it's because it's not an ingredient that has to be listed by law.

I m for the most for your money, myself. When it comes to friction reducing help, i m a fa fan of a product called worm motor treatment at auto tune up and repair options. Find it there, maybe. The friction ingredients are really strong.

Originally Posted By: hardheaded
what does PEA stand for ?

Polyetheramine, a fuel additive/ detergent. Its a component of Chevron's Techron.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back