POLARIS GEAR OILS & LUBES????? WHAT TO USE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2009 Polaris Sportsman 500 Touring ATV and it says it requires three (3) Different types of gear and differential oils or lubes. I need to know what I can use in REDLINE or AMSOIL to meet these requirements. Here are the 3 different types:

POLARIS ANGLE DRIVE FLUID PART #-2878068
POLARIS "AGL PLUS" PART #-2878068
POLARIS "DEMAND DRIVE PLUS" PART #- 2877922

Isn't there one "Oil or Gear Lube" than I can use for all three (3) of these areas?

I am a REDLINE, AMSOIL and TORCO oil dealer and I can't find any cross reference to these Polaris numbers. Can anyone help or give me some suggestions?

Plus, I've got a new Arctic Cat Wildcat 1000 UTV that says to use 10-40wt. The Engine oil and the Transmission oil is the same as they share the same oil. There is only 2.5 qts and this gets really hot so I installed a after market oil cooler with a Fan.

Question: We only use these in the Fall and Spring and not in Freezing temps. Why can't I use a 10-50 or a 15-50wt oil for better protection?

Thanks

Glwbear

Angle drive is just gear lube. 75W-90 will work just fine.

AGL is like a chaincase oil, much thinner than gear lube. Amsoil recommends their snowmobile chaincase lube.

Demad Drive is a pretty specialized oil for the hilliard clutch that engages the front axle, and it's very thin. Some people have reported using ATF with no problems, but that's the one place I personally stick to the OEM fluid.

Since you're an Amsoil dealer, I'd just use their 0W-40 powersports oil in both engines.

I stuck with the Polaris branded stuff for the front axle and the transfer case.. i researched the sin out of this topic last year.. My advice is just stick with the polaris fluids for those two specific fluids. The actual engine oil and the rear differential are at your disposal, i used redline 75-90 in the back of my Polaris Ranger and Rotella T6 has been my engine oil for a few years.

For the front diff, Hilliard recommends Mobilfluid LT or Mobil 424. Lots of fluids cross-reference to these or you can pick up some John Deere Hy-Gard Low Viscosity at your local JD dealer for $4.XX/qt.

POLARIS ANGLE DRIVE FLUID PART #-2878068 AMSOIL Severe Gear 75W-90 (SVG)

POLARIS "AGL PLUS" PART #-2878068 AMSOIL Sythetic Chaincase & Gear oil (TCCCN)

POLARIS "DEMAND DRIVE PLUS" PART #- 2877922 AMSOIL Fuel Efficient ATF (ATL)

All,
Here is a cut and paste of a response I got from Amsoil on 7/15/2014 regarding my search for a single high quality fluid for use in both the front drive differential and rear transmission/final drive of my 2012 Ranger 800XP. Just for your information.

Originally Posted by Jaketye
So am I reading this right? I can use this one oil in both my front diff gearcase and the rear transmission/final drive on my 2012 Ranger 800XP. I'm looking to avoid the mysterious Polaris lubricant and get the best protection?performance possible. Thanks.
Yes that is correct.

Here is the info direct from AMSOIL tech services.....

Michael;
I hope this clarifies the recommendations.

AMSOIL ATH replaces both;
Front Drive Fluid/Demand Drive 2877922 and
AGL 2878068-2878069 (Gearcase lubricant and transmission fluid)

AMSOIL SVG replaces ATV Angle drive fluid 2876160 and 2872276

Byron Selbrede
Technical Services

AMSOIL INC.
ADDRESS: 1 AMSOIL Center, Superior, WI 54880
E-MAIL:[email protected]
PHONE:715-392-7101
FAX:715-392-3097

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back