Do hot female mechanics actually exist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: LFN
BTW, perhaps the most beautiful woman I have ever seen with my own eyes sells cars at Mesquite Hyundai in Texas.

If this is the case, quit posting about her on a site she will likely never visit, go to her, introduce yourself, find out if she is single, is so respectfully ask her for a date.

I see three possible outcomes.
1. She is spoken for. The worst outcome is(as long as you are respectful) you found out.
2. She turns you down. The worst outcome is you were declined you will rebound.
3. She accepts your invitation. The worst outcome is you only have one date with "one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen with my own eyes". The best possible outcome I will leave that to your imagination.

I believe the possible benefits of outcome #3 outweigh the negatives of #1 and #2.

Originally Posted By: Fleetmon
My cousin works on heavy equipment and she isn't hard to look at at all. The only distraction is the round tell-tale of chewing tobacco in her back pocket

I saw a road crew flagger who fit that description outside Yellowstone once. I guess I was wrong in thinking "Only in Wyoming..."

Originally Posted By: leeharvey418
I crossed paths with a service writer at a dealership recently, who I'd say was a good solid 9. Of course she got an extra point and a half for knowing her way around a car...

Did somebody on this forum actually state that a service writer knew something about cars?
shocked.gif

Anyway, no hotties have ever worked in our shop.

when i went to automotive school in az there was a foxy blond in the hd diesel class. the closest i see now is napa drivers and parts girls at the stores. napa always has a few good looking drivers.

Originally Posted By: Radman
Any chick that works on a vehicle is HOT in my humble opinion.

You may want to be very careful where you go with that.

Margaret Dunning

Originally Posted By: From Article
Her everyday car, an '03 Cadillac DeVille. Occasionally, she still changes her own oil.

Few and far between in my experience. Lets face it, most women who are truly hot, have their looks to move/marry up the social economic scale.

The few hot ones I have seen in a shop environment, are more trouble than they are worth. One hot chick will drag down the productivity of 10 guys in a large shop environment as they will be constantly sniffing and bird dogging it.

We had a female oil-changer at a dealership where I worked. She probably wouldn't win any beauty contests, but she was very competent at changing oil, at least most of the time. However, you could mark on the calendar exactly what 4-5 days of the month to avoid her, if you know what I mean. More than once, she was screaming at the service advisor as she decided to go home and "take the rest of the day off" so to speak. She eventually decided to quit on her own, probably because she saw the writing on the wall.

I know of several. Some even work in a Professional Racing series. No, I'm not going to post their pictures.

There's a nice woman welder/fabricator at a shop near my work, I did do a double take the first time I saw her. I'm sure they get tired of being leered at by many customers though.

Originally Posted By: salv
Did somebody on this forum actually state that a service writer knew something about cars?

Hey, now... There is the odd, occasional service writer who actually knows something about vehicles. She was one.

Of course I'll grant you that it's pointless trying to explain a diagnosis to the average service writer, because at best they're going to give you a blank stare in response.

"Hot female mechanics" are practically nonexistent because too many men who notice their good looks tend to disregard everything else about them.

Having a job requires being good at it. Being good at your job requires wanting to do it. It's hard to want to do something when everyone dismisses your efforts as soon as they get one look at you. You do the math.

Originally Posted By: d00df00d
Being good at your job requires wanting to do it. It's hard to want to do something when everyone dismisses your efforts as soon as they get one look at you. You do the math.

Do you get dismissive attitudes at work because you're so pretty?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: GMBoy
We actually have tons of hot female assembly workers in my GM plant...and the other plants are the same way.

I see what you did there.
grin.gif

I worked with a mid-attractive type. At the interview I saw but didn't meet her and thought, oh, that's progressive, there aren't many and I might get to work with one.

I got to train with her and her methodology was to use high amounts of sarcasm and accusations that I had a "chip on my shoulder". I came in there from swapping engines between beater saturns under my shade tree while she had previously worked at WM TLE. For example I have a car on a lift and am draining the oil. She comes over and says, "um, do you see all the other cars in the shop? What's different about yours? The hood is down, you should open it and the fill hole before you drain the old oil." (In case there's a broken latch cable etc. Duly noted.)

She was turbo fast busting tires and I felt like all thumbs in her presence.

I had an inspection license and she didn't, so I'd get "inspection plus 4 tires" while she got "plug this leak", 3/10 hour on flat rate. She told me she didn't pursue the license b/c she didn't want to do this her whole life. Odd logic.

I finally asked her if she thought I'd wash out b/c I didn't feel like I fit in, b/c we ripped off the customers or did stuff that wasn't in their best interest, like hack alignments. After I apparantly acknowledged her superiority she nice-ened up a little.

She had a kid by someone, so she's into dudes. When she bent over the tire machine I noticed a "tramp stamp" while I was (honestly!) just trying to see how she worked so fast.

And a grimy tire store is the least sexual place on earth. Notwithstanding this video:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back