Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
Otis,

Do what will keep your wife happy.

You selling any of your motorcycles ?

The Ninja is my wifes bike
smile.gif
and its for sale.. she told me not to sell the R1 (SHE LIKES TO GO FOR RIDES ON IT)

Originally Posted By: stevejones
I'd give this a shot: walk into the dealer with two things - the title for the Merc & $10G. Tell them this for the Acura. See what happens!

Funny you say this as its exactly what i had in mind..

WOW, went in and test drove the car, its very nice however the 200hp 4cyln motor is not impressive in my opinion.. however i went ahead and sat and talked to them, i asked for a better price and asked "so, what can you do" and they replied "we are already at our bottom dollar at our asking price".. Really ???

Case closed.. im not going to even bother with a dealership like that..

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: OtisBlkR1
i asked for a better price and asked "so, what can you do" and they replied "we are already at our bottom dollar at our asking price".. Really ???

That's not necessarily the correct question to ask as they don't want to reveal their lowest price point. You should have made them an offer of $XX,XXX and said that you'll buy it right now at that price, then see their reaction.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
i asked for a better price and asked "so, what can you do" and they replied "we are already at our bottom dollar at our asking price".. Really ???

That's not necessarily the correct question to ask as they don't want to reveal their lowest price point. You should have made them an offer of $XX,XXX and said that you'll buy it right now at that price, then see their reaction.

After they threw that out He asked me where i was at, i stated i was Comfortable at $18,500 he responded with "the boss won't take a penny less than the listed price, we have more in it than that" and i said, so there is no wiggle room ? and he said maybe a couple hundred bucks.. I pretty much took that as a clear sign they didnt want to deal.. I left politely.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Nick1994
No sweat off their backs. Somebody will come a lot and buy it for what they want

maybe, its been on their lot since October of last year.. Im not so foolish as to think that they have the car listed at the lowest price they will take.. thats a little pointless on thier side.. regardless, im not sweating it, obviously neither are they.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
No sweat off their backs. Somebody will come a lot and buy it for what they want

maybe, its been on their lot since October of last year.. Im not so foolish as to think that they have the car listed at the lowest price they will take.. thats a little pointless on thier side.. regardless, im not sweating it, obviously neither are they.

October!? I take that back, I didn't know it's been there for over 9 months!

Send them an email saying it's been sitting there since October and is only decreasing in value, give them your offer. If they bite then good, if not, too bad.

Quote:
10/22/2013 28,629 Dealer Inventory Vehicle offered for sale
02/10/2014 28,988 Auto Auction Ohio Listed as a dealer vehicle Sold at auction

Looks to me like some other dealer sat on it from October until February and this dealer has sat on it since February...

Surprised they aren't ready to deal... but oh well...

Originally Posted By: DuckRyder
Quote:
10/22/2013 28,629 Dealer Inventory Vehicle offered for sale
02/10/2014 28,988 Auto Auction Ohio Listed as a dealer vehicle Sold at auction

Looks to me like some other dealer sat on it from October until February and this dealer has sat on it since February...

Surprised they aren't ready to deal... but oh well...

thanks for posting this sir (confirming my statement) much appreciation..It may have sat at multiple lots however its been for sale since October.. that said im with Pete, something doesnt add up.. im not sure why they dont want to deal..

Its not a bad price on the car, however i have issues.. #1 the closest dealer is 90 minutes away from me #2 the car already has a minor vibration while turning at speed #3 the brakes already have a bit of a pulse when braking aggressively. I would be more inclined to deal if the either lowered the price in the anticipation of whats going on with the car #2 just sent the car in for the full inspection.. however they (the Toyota dealer) would have to take the car to the Acura dealer for any warranty claims correct ?

Anyways, the car was impressive none the less, i liked it, Im sure id like it alot better if it had that 280hp 6 cyln in it..

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: stevejones
I'd give this a shot: walk into the dealer with two things - the title for the Merc & $10G. Tell them this for the Acura. See what happens!

OHHH i forgot to mention, they said they wouldnt even be interested in the Milan on trade.. they would be interested in the Accord however they didnt mention any numbers.. I said, Seriously its a 06 with 40,000 miles on it and you guys wouldnt be interested in taking it on trade.. "nope".

You might talk to the Service manager at the Honda dealer, I guess it is within the realm of possibility that they can do warranty work if the closest Acura dealer is that far away. Certainly would think regular maintenance would be no issue should you want them to do it.

I don't think Honda/Acura will warranty a brake vibration on a car with that many miles.

I agree its not a terrible price, but do a search on Acura.com for certified preowned and they aren't a lot more asking and I bet they will deal some... although you'll have to take a road trip it looks like...

I don't know why, but I always feel like I need a shower after a Toyota dealer... it is just usually a sleazy experience with them IME...

Last edited:
Sounds like a typical Toyota dealer, holier than thou; its a good thing they have the best cars in the world. (sarcasm)

Just go buy a new Honda Accord with some options, get a close to zero percent loan and make the wife happy for awhile.

Last week I was at a Toyota dealer looking at Tundra's, from the pricing its clear they think very highly of them.

Last edited:
Just buying another loaded out Accord is within the realm of possable as well.. although one thing im taking away from this is the Milan knowledge.. its listed on craigslist and im going to go ahead a sell it.

If you like your current Accord, you (your wife) will love the new one. And you don't even have to buy a loaded one, Accord Sport is one of the better dealer out there. I have heard people snagging them up for about $23K or less. I do not believe you can find any better car at that price point.

Maybe a distraction here:
Isn't the Mercury Milan a twin of the Ford Fusion?
Haven't BITOGers been singing praises of the Fusion?
If so, why are we down on the Milan, aside from resale value?
The question is not directed at the OP, who has explained his position.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back