Price Of Gas.. Really Dropped Today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been in the $3.6x range here lately. The local Shell station is always the most expensive (usually 10-20 cents higher), but after the FRN rewards I've been getting it still ends up being a little bit cheaper. I paid $3.40 yesterday after using a 25 cent FRN reward.

In Indiana it swings from $3.59 to $3.99 overnight for no apparent reason, then over 3-4-5 weeks it creeps back down to the $3.50 ish range and starts the process over again.. its been doing that for awhile. I laugh watching the news talk about 17 cent upswings and them interviewing the most silly people talking about they cant feed their kids tonight due to the extra $2 they paid for gas in their brand new car they are standing next to..

in our neck of the woods it seems to linger in the $3.77 or so range the most for the longest periods..

$3.65 in the IL today. Lowest it's been in awhile. I'm certainly not getting excited about gas any where near that kind of price.

We are on vacation.
Just paid $4.26/gal to fill up the car in Bakersfield, California.
Painful.

Originally Posted By: OtisBlkR1
In Indiana it swings from $3.59 to $3.99 overnight for no apparent reason,

Speedway effect

I agree with the Speedway effect. They are always the first to price gouge. I will never buy their gas. Even if I wasn't on a steady diet of free Shell....

Gas here is approx. $3.30-$3.40

Columbus, OH

Originally Posted By: Cooper
I agree with the Speedway effect. They are always the first to price gouge. I will never buy their gas. Even if I wasn't on a steady diet of free Shell....

Gas here is approx. $3.30-$3.40

Columbus, OH

When I used to get to Columbus frequently, West Broad was the place to buy gas, and 40 was always a more pleasant drive than I-70.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
Originally Posted By: OtisBlkR1
In Indiana it swings from $3.59 to $3.99 overnight for no apparent reason,

Speedway effect

Only thing is within 30 minutes ALL stations do it.. and aften enough speedway is not the first to move.. Thorntons has bevome a trusted name in Terre Haute IN, speedway is probably the second in line.. everyone here still does the "mad dash" as soon as the first station jumps up everyone, myself included stops at the first station they can get into to fill up before it spike 40 cents a gallon..

Here in Southern California, the cheapest I have found is $3.99 at a PILOT station in Castaic, CA.

Oil went down about $1.50 today to about $100 and change a barrel.
A few weeks ago it was over $6.00.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: jcwit
Fort Wayne, Indiana--$3.11 as of a few minutes ago.

amazing, we are 3-4 hours appart in the same state and your gas is close to 40 cents cheaper. however im not suprised..

"Crude prices have dropped in reaction to Libya having sizably hiked its oil production, and because Iraq's oil output has not being smashed by violence and turmoil there," said Trilby Lundberg, publisher of the survey.

About a fourth of the crude oil price decline is now reflected at the pump, but drivers could see another 4 cent to 8 cent drop in gasoline prices in the near future, as retailers pass along more of their cost savings to consumers, Lundberg said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back