95+ degree travel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: opus
I am going to change the coolant though. I think its overdue.

If it's overdue, yes, change it.
thumbsup2.gif

And make sure you bleed the system properly otherwise you will have more problems than if you leave the coolant alone.

We'd always park back end in a ditch and raise the engine to get the air bubbles out.
smile.gif

Any weak tires like to blow out when it gets real hot. Make sure the spare is inflated, and your jack is serviceable with all the parts there.

We all sound like mother hens....just go...and be safe, don't speed, take plenty of clean underwear, send us a post card, and let us know how your oil performed when you get back. geez!

No kidding geeeee....

Its all good. For all anyone knows I'm a 20 year old kid thats never turned a wrench. I dont even remember being 20! Just wanted everyones take on it.

Well, at least change the Coolant, "as you said it's overdue"....

That makes sense. Unless people don't make sense anymore...

Originally Posted By: Oil Changer
You will be fine with the 10W-40. If you're itchin' to change the oil before the trip, your choices are almost limitless. SAE 30 or 40, an HDEO 10W-30 like Rotella T5 or Delo. 5 or 15W40 HDEO, an HM 10W30 or 40...like I said, endless. Skip the Lucas. That's what I think.

If you are worried I would suggest the HDEO 15-40. Delo 400LE is less than 12 bucks a gallon at Walmart's around here and it is a very robust oil, as are the other HDEO oils.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back