Cleaning Engine Internals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Trav
Don't play this stupid game he is just trying to get you wound up so you get yourself banned.
Anyone who is really interested will dig though a lot of old threads and think twice before laying $28 out.

You got that right. I did a lot of digging through old threads, the picture is very clear just about every time the engine cleaning topic comes up.

This time, once again it seems like Mystic is a primary target, and changing his mind was the crime. lol Show me a person who never changed their mind, and I'll show you a liar.

In another day or so I hop in my Wrangler, head east to Utah on my slow way back to VA, so I'll be missing out on the fun. God it feels good to retire early.

Don't play this stupid game he is just trying to get you wound up so you get yourself banned.
Anyone who is really interested will dig though a lot of old threads and think twice before laying $28 out.

I do then hand over $500-600 for a case depending on exchange rate at the time. Cheap as really

Originally Posted By: sprintman

I do then hand over $500-600 for a case depending on exchange rate at the time. Cheap as really

Glad I don't have to pay anywhere near that if I was to buy it again.

As for the rest.............

Post a favorable comment on the product, and the ARX haters come out right on cue. Looks like Pavlovian conditioning isn't limited to dogs.

Last edited:
Yeah Trav. That is true. No way I will ever pay that again. MMO is much cheaper and Kreen is also cheaper. And they work.

I am done. Let them make whatever silly comments they want to make. After all, it reflects on them.

Originally Posted By: Trajan

As for the rest.............

Post a favorable comment on the product, and the ARX haters come out right on cue. Looks like Pavlovian conditioning isn't limited to dogs.

As a fairly new member it looks to me like the knife cuts both ways. Usually a stupid comment about mmo or one of the rx competing products starts the ball rolling and the fun begins. At least from my reading these past few days. MMO seems the most hated though. I wonder why it bothers guys so much, especially those who never tried it? I have to do a bit more reading and figure that out.

This stuff makes for some good Sunday afternoon/evening entertainment.

But what I find most entertaining, is changing your mind brings on major attacks, I hope I never post about changing my mind.

Trav- I found your information very informative, and from your credentials it has a lot weight and gained my respect fast. Keep up the good work man.

Originally Posted By: Mystic
Yeah Trav. That is true. No way I will ever pay that again. MMO is much cheaper and Kreen is also cheaper. And they work.

I am done. Let them make whatever silly comments they want to make. After all, it reflects on them.

Rx works for me but again I don't follow the 'instructions'. According to the 'lunchtime legends' that invalidates the results. I can live with that

So what you are saying is they have no idea how their product works enough to even publish correct instructions for its use.
Sounds like a tried and test product to me. Grab your shovel and dig in that hole a little.
lol.gif

Rx works for me but again I don't follow the 'instructions'. According to the 'lunchtime legends' that invalidates the results. I can live with that

Cool if that's what it takes for that stuff to work. That's close to $60, and if you have to do a second treatment, a 120 bucks. I have better things to spend $60-$120 on, especially when a $5 qt. of Marvel worked for me for lots of years. If/when needed.

Lunchtime laggards, cool name. I don't see how it applies to a tech with Trav's credentials, but still a cool name.

But like I said before, use it if it makes you happy. .

Originally Posted By: rockydee

Lunchtime laggards, cool name. I don't see how it applies to a tech with Trav's credentials, but still a cool name.

Lunchtime legends actually.
smile.gif

To quote the late and much missed Gary Allan....

"Sure. MMO will probably do as you prescribe. But I have no need to adulterate perfectly blended, state of the art lubricants with it....

Auto-Rx is a much more elegant product than MMO. Yes, it's surely more expensive, but I feel that you do get what you pay for.

Feel free to use MMO and get whatever you can out of it. I just can't see tampering with a perfectly good oil to prevent something that should not occur. Auto-Rx, outside of the one natural ester component, is a friction modifier and an ester base stock. In a normal engine, a routine decoking of the rings every 50k-75k works well. In a problem engine, once clean, the maintenance dose would probably be the best way to go.

But as I said, enjoy the benefits of MMO as you perceive them."

Last edited:

smile.gif

"Sure. MMO will probably do as you prescribe. But I have no need to adulterate perfectly blended, state of the art lubricants with it....

Auto-Rx is a much more elegant product than MMO. Yes, it's surely more expensive, but I feel that you do get what you pay for.

Feel free to use MMO and get whatever you can out of it. I just can't see tampering with a perfectly good oil to prevent something that should not occur. Auto-Rx, outside of the one natural ester component, is a friction modifier and an ester base stock. In a normal engine, a routine decoking of the rings every 50k-75k works well. In a problem engine, once clean, the maintenance dose would probably be the best way to go.

Thanks for the correction, spell check taken for granted. I read some of the late GA's posts too.He had a gift for writing. He had some success with mmo too, then became an rx consultant at some point. Employee of sorts? I haven't read all of it.

Perceive, good word, unless my eyes are failing I've actually seen results. Don't believe me, I don't expect you too. Perceive applies to rx too if you think about it.

I also read that rx gets real thick and almost freezes in the winter. People left it in the garage and it was useless until heated. That doesn't mess with the so called delicate balance of the oil? Any proof? Or is it something the maker will tell you is fine?

I could have sworn I read somewhere of a guy putting it in a transfer case during the winter and it rendered it useless, he had to heat it up to get it out so the trans case would work again.

I think we might possibly agree on one point. A good oil needs nothing in a well maintained engine that's clean. So leave the mmo on the store shelf, and the rx in Florida if you have a good running well maintained engine.
smile.gif

Last edited:

Don't plat their stupid game Sprint. Especially from one who hates the product and maker so much that any favorable post draws ire and.

As for "silly comments", the truth isn't one.

Here's another "silly comment"... or two....

"Auto-RX is the ONLY oil additive that I am 100% certain works. I am pretty much turned off from oil additives anyway, but not Auto-RX."

"I fully support Auto-RX and Frank also. As far as Frank is concerned, I have very rarely ever dealt with a nicer person. Two of the nicest people I have ever bought stuff from are Tim Mills (who sells Schaeffer's Oil products) and Frank of Auto-RX."

Truth can't be denied.

Last edited:

Don't plat their stupid game Sprint.

How original. If you need some original material let me know. I thought drive it like a Kamikaze on crack was pretty good myself. It sure got old Sprintmans knickers in a twist.
lol.gif

You two are a laugh a minute, my evening entertainment.

The question I have is if Trajan ever figured out if he had tried Auto-RX or does not use it. In a reply of his above in this post nobody could figure out what he was saying. Because in the same reply he both said he had tried Auto-RX and that he does not use it.

Once he seemed to think that MMO was really something special but I doubt he would be willing to say that now.

So now he says that Auto-RX is great, the one oil additive that he believes in. But in his reply above in this post, that anybody can read, at one point he says he does not use Auto-RX.

I asked Trajan about all of this in this post and I asked if he would clarify all of this. He has not responded. So we still have him IN THE SAME REPLY in this post both saying that he tried Auto-RX and that he does not use it. Anybody can read all of that a few replies above.

And Trav, I did like the Kamikaze on crack. That was funny.

Don't speak for me Trajan. I will speak for myself. I have not used Auto-RX in years.

It wasn't me who wrote all those posts. It was you. It was those posts that played a big part in my using it during my anecdote acceptance years.

So don't blame me if you now reject what is by your lights evidence. And don't whine about it now.

I'm giving you credit for steering me to use a product that in your own words many people have used with success.

Don't care if you stopped using it. I haven't used it either. But that doesn't change the fact that you praised it over and over.

Shouldn't of called me out in an above post Mystic.

Trajan sometimes seems to not remember what he wrote. So here is what he said in his own words.

He says (Quote): Don't care if you stopped using it. I haven't used it either."

I find it kind of strange that somebody would say an oil supplement was the only one he believes in, and encourages people to use it, and to use his own words: "I haven't used it either.' So if he does not use the product, WHY IS HE ENCOURAGING PEOPLE TO USE IT AND WHY DOES HE SAY HE IS 100% CONVINCED THAT AUTO-RX WORKS?

Now, Auto-RX is a cleaning product and is not really intended to be used all the time. Although a person is encouraged to use a maintenance dose. I know. I used Auto-RX years ago. But if I believed in a product I would certainly use it. And if Trajan believes in this product so strongly he should still be using maintenance doses. But he says that he has not used it. Read his own words.

Meanwhile, sprintman always encourages people to use double the recommended amount and drive further than the directions state. Is a double dose actually required? Is more mileage than in the directions actually required?

I would much rather take advice from Trav (a professional mechanic) and demarpaint. In the case of demarpaint he has used MMO for some 40 years. And Trav has had success with Kreen in some dirty engines and Kreen is made by Kano Labs, a professional company.

Last edited:
Yea I read a lot of Demars posts too, my findings are similar, only he has a few years on me, and probably used a lot more Marvel.

I must say these threads are very entertaining, and I've learned what to stay clear of.

I don't care what a guy wants to use. If a guy wants to use Auto-RX that is fine. It is a free country. If a guy wants to use MMO or Kreen or Lubegard Engine Flush that is fine. People should be allowed to use whatever products they want to use. It is their money and their choices.

In the Oil Additives Section here people should be allowed to discuss various products. Is that not what this section is for? But whenever somebody tries to discuss MMO or Kreen the same group of people show up attacking what people say about MMO and Kreen and promoting their own product.

Compare the behavior of some people here as compared to Trav and demarpaint. I think that Trav and demarpaint are professional and knowledgeable. I consider them to be two of the most respected members here.

And if somebody changes their mind about a product and stops using it that should be fine also. I changed my mind YEARS AGO about Auto-RX and Trajan keeps bringing up forever that I used the product and thought that the product worked. I did use Auto-RX and I thought it worked because a seal leak stopped on a car I used to own. I don't use Auto-RX anymore. Can we move on?

The behavior of people reveals a lot about themselves. Don't look just at what somebody says. Look at how they behave. If you are buying a product how do you want for the seller of that product to act? Don't you want professional and knowledgeable people as the sellers? Or do you want to buy a product from somebody who is constantly attacking other people and telling you they use twice the recommended amount of product and use it for twice the recommended mileage?

Do you want to buy a product from somebody who says everything else is trash and only their product is worthwhile? I think I want to make that decision for myself.

Now I am not saying that sprintman and Trajan are selling Auto-RX. But they certainly seem to encourage people here to buy Auto-RX. And Trajan says he does not use it and I tend to be kind of leery of somebody who tells me to use something and apparently does not use it himself.

I am not saying either that Trav and demarpaint are selling MMO and Kreen. Nobody here is going to be promoting MMO unless that person believes in it. A bottle of MMO at my local Wal-Mart costs about $5.00, or less. Kreen is sold by Kano Labs.

I think that any reasonable person can look at what I have said here and realize that I have made honest statements.

Well Mystic- I don't care what a person uses either. When it comes right down to it find a product that's cost effective, simple to use, and that has a good following. Good following to me means, [%] of actual users with positive results, vs. complaints. Like I said before, I did some digging for [censored] & giggles, and was amazed and entertained at the same time.

What caught my eye in this tread is the attacks against you for changing your mind. I find that crazy. Then trying to get you all fired up. Childish behavior allowed on such a well respected site should be a no-no.

There is a sticky at the top of this forum for good reason.

I'd bet that more threads have been locked and more members given a vacation (sometimes permanent) over this product than any other.

The Arx story is (mostly) in the archives, I'd guess it would make good reading to someone that is really interested.

Originally Posted By: expat
There is a sticky at the top of this forum for good reason.

I'd bet that more threads have been locked and more members given a vacation (sometimes permanent) over this product than any other.

The Arx story is (mostly) in the archives, I'd guess it would make good reading to someone that is really interested.

It was a great read for me. The locked threads were very informative, and will keep me using olde faithful if the need ever arises again. It will be a while before I tackle another project car, I want to do some more traveling.

smile.gif

Thanks for the correction, spell check taken for granted. I read some of the late GA's posts too.He had a gift for writing. He had some success with mmo too, then became an rx consultant at some point. Employee of sorts? I haven't read all of it.

Perceive, good word, unless my eyes are failing I've actually seen results. Don't believe me, I don't expect you too. Perceive applies to rx too if you think about it.

I also read that rx gets real thick and almost freezes in the winter. People left it in the garage and it was useless until heated. That doesn't mess with the so called delicate balance of the oil? Any proof? Or is it something the maker will tell you is fine?

I could have sworn I read somewhere of a guy putting it in a transfer case during the winter and it rendered it useless, he had to heat it up to get it out so the trans case would work again.

I think we might possibly agree on one point. A good oil needs nothing in a well maintained engine that's clean. So leave the mmo on the store shelf, and the rx in Florida if you have a good running well maintained engine.
smile.gif

-4C when I added RX the other day without a problem as I have for 12 years. Some people just go looking for problems and yes they usually find 'em.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back