wheels between ford and olds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
One is a 5 on 114.3mm and the other is 5 on 115mm. Assuming offset and diameter is close enough will this work?

Not a good idea. Can it be 'done'? Sure, and you'll find people online who have done it. But think about how that .7mm difference on each stud will affect the lug nut-to-wheel seating. In other words, none of them will seat flush, so only a portion of the lug nut's seating flange will be pressing on the wheel's flange. This puts high stress in one spot from all that torque, for each lug nut and each area where they seat. Don't risk it. If one would fail, you or other people could die. As to why these 2 extremely similar lug spacing standards exist, I have no idea. Kind of like the metric wheel sizes back in the 70's.

One of those wheel is 5 on 4.5 inches and the other is metric! Why would you want to do something so UNSAFE?

BAD IDEA! Just because they will fit doesn't make it right. I have ran into this before. If 2 studs don't twist right off when you remove the lug nut, they will when you torque them. And your wheels will wobble. I hate it when some people try and re-invent the wheel.

People have also tried to interchange 4.75 in.(120.65mm) and 120mm bolt circle wheels. Wrong!!! And the hubs will certainly not match.
The only bolt circle that is a match, is the 4.25 in. and 108mm.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back