World Cup 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't take this any more.
crazy2.gif
crazy2.gif
crazy2.gif

Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel(Leo) Messi are 2 world best soccer players of the last 5-6 years.

This world cup has many matches with 4 goals total or more, more than all previous world cup.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
May be I'm too optimistic but I think we will surprise German fans with a 3-2 win on Thursday June 26.

Match time is 12:00 PM EDT.

Germany 3 USA 0. More like it.

FIFA corruption has reared its ugly head.

1) Ghana implicated in match fixing multiple times
2) Bosnia goal disallowed on an incredibly BOGUS off-side call, then the ref celebrates with the Nigerian players
3) Now, Italy just got JOBBED by Ecuador and the ref, who threw a ridiculous red against Italy and ignored a Ecuador player (nicknamed "the Cannibal, I am not kidding) biting an Italian.

I love soccer but hate FIFA. I am looking for the US to get shafted on Thursday.

Originally Posted By: gfh77665

2) Bosnia goal disallowed on an incredibly BOGUS off-side call, then the ref celebrates with the Nigerian players
3) Now, Italy just got JOBBED by Ecuador and the ref, who threw a ridiculous red against Italy and ignored a Ecuador player (nicknamed "the Cannibal, I am not kidding) biting an Italian.

I love soccer but hate FIFA. I am looking for the US to get shafted on Thursday.

So the excuse for USA taking a loss at the hands of the Germans is all set and ready to put in motion.
lol.gif

Did you see that call? That ref should be ousted. He saw the Germans were losing so he made that call deliberately to save their behinds, he must be on the take, even a blind man can see that.
See i told you we would get the shaft, there was no doubt in my mind. We really won that match and it was stolen from us.

I heard on the radio yesterday that there was a deal in the works. No more Hitler/Nazi "documentaries" on History and AHC if Germany agreed to a draw in the upcoming match.
smile.gif

Yes, I know it's a feeble attempt at humor by some radio show.

Originally Posted By: Trav

So the excuse for USA taking a loss at the hands of the Germans is all set and ready to put in motion.
lol.gif

Did you see that call? That ref should be ousted. He saw the Germans were losing so he made that call deliberately to save their behinds, he must be on the take, even a blind man can see that.
See i told you we would get the shaft, there was no doubt in my mind. We really won that match and it was stolen from us.

Not the case at all. The U.S. soccer team deserves to be sent home playing like losers in the closing seconds against Portugal. The game against Germany should be a formality at this point. Instead the U.S. could face elimination.

Originally Posted By: Trav

lol.gif

Koman Coulibaly

Controversies
2010 FIFA World Cup

Coulibaly was preselected as a referee for the 2010 FIFA World Cup in October 2008,[8] one of 32 referees selected for the tournament[9] and one of four African officials.[10]

On 18 June 2010, Coulibaly officiated the Group C match between the United States and Slovenia. In the 86th minute, Coulibaly called a foul against the U.S. as Stoke City and American midfielder Maurice Edu kicked the ball into the Slovenian goal. Video replay showed no evidence of a foul or offsides by any of the U.S. players. The decision to disallow the goal was criticized in the international sports press.[11][12][13] The goal would have put the American side ahead 3–2; the match ended in a 2–2 draw.[14] Per FIFA policy, Coulibaly has never publicly stated what the foul was or who it was on.

Though Coulibaly was fourth official in a later match between Italy and New Zealand, he was not chosen to officiate in the second round and was among those referees sent home before the quarterfinals. This match was his only appearance as referee in the 2010 FIFA World Cup.[15][16]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koman_Coulibaly

Nothing to do with Germany.

There was no evidences of corruption on officials in the field. If FIFA is corrupted and gave preference treatment to certain team(s) then nobody want to stay in the game.

Officials in the field are human and they made mistakes like in other games. Soccer is so fast, the referee may not be able to see clearly every fault on every play.

3) Now, Italy just got JOBBED by Ecuador and the ref,

Uruguay, not Ecuador. That was a critical call since Italy only needed a tie to advance. I think Suarez' s motto is "If you can't beat 'em, bite 'em."

The ref in yesterday's Mexico v.Croatia match wasn't too impressive either, missing an obvious hand ball.

Yeah, WC tournament in Continental of America usually favors American teams.

The biggest winner so far is Costa Rica. They're supposed to be last but they are the group winner.

Originally Posted By: PeteTheFarmer

3) Now, Italy just got JOBBED by Ecuador and the ref,

Uruguay, not Ecuador. That was a critical call since Italy only needed a tie to advance.

You are correct. I did know it was Uruguay, but Ecuador came out, sorry. I have watched too much soccer this past week.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
There was no evidences of corruption on officials in the field. If FIFA is corrupted and gave preference treatment to certain team(s) then nobody want to stay in the game.

Huh? They have to "stay in the game" because there is no other World Cup to play in!

You guys need to do a bit of research, and open your eyes:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/busi...laims/10210371/

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/10/world/...qatar.html?_r=0

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/jun/03/fifa-sepp-blatter-britain-football

Thats just a few references. Many more out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back